Chapter 3

--Previously--

"Umm, so Mr....."

"Martin." He introduced himself.

"Martin. Right. So, I have a bit of a problem.." Martin raised an eyebrow. "I travelled here from the UK... And I forgot to organise a place to stay for the night..."

"That's alright. You're welcome to stay for as long as you'd like." He smiled.

He was truly kind.

"Thank you, Martin!" He nodded.

Tomorrow... Tomorrow I will meet Henry Stein... And I will finally get answers...
______________________________________

Today was the day I met Henry. The guy I've been dying to meet for years. The guy I was so eager to see after my grandad had told me a lot of stories about him. I mean, how could I not. It seemed to me like he was one of the nicest people (excluding my grandad) in the world.

Not to mention, his relatives were quite nice to me. They let me stay the night, provided me with food, warmth and a place to sleep. I also got along with them well. So yeah, Henry and his family were great people!

Despite being very comfortable in their home, I couldn't sleep well. I had the urge to just run out and go see Henry. I was just so eager to get to the studio. But I also kept thinking about how hard it must be for the poor family, especially Martin. It must be terrible for him knowing that his father has the nasty disease, cancer. I never got told what type of cancer Henry had, but really, it's not my business. Despite him and Wally knowing each other, it still isn't my business since he's not my family. Knowing Henry had cancer, it's the only thing I thought about last night.

As for right now though, me and Henry's family were all sat at the table eating breakfast.

"So, (Y/N). How was your stay?" Asked the wife, known as Willow. I got to know her after Martin said it was alright for me to stay. Actually, I got to know the whole family after our chat. I liked how the family didn't mind me staying. Their kids were nice too, I spend some time with them. I played dolls with Maya in her room and may have asked her something...

..........................................................

"So, Maya. Do you know anything about Bendy the dancing demon?" I needed to ask someone about it, so I asked her. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up to her because she seemed hesitant to answer. She eventually answered, saying that Bendy and his cartoon was not allowed to be talked about in the family, but somehow she made me an exception.

Maya searched her drawers and pulled out a paper file. This paper file had Bendy written all over it, literally. She handed me the file and watched me open it, saying a little something.

"Dad doesn't like to talk about it, but he showed me some comics of Bendy and his friends that Grandpa made." She started. "He told me not to show anyone or take it. But I couldn't resist. And I think dad would like you to have it. He told me that your Grandpa knows my Grandpa!"

I nodded at Maya. My grandad (Wally) wasn't friends with Maya's grandad (Henry), but they worked together sometimes and got along with each other.

I looked at the comics and found them nice. It was a shame they weren't shared. They all had a similar plot though, which would be something to be improved. Different problems had to be solved. Bendy was the detective and did the talking, while Boris would be the one taking notes. And Alice would sometimes be the cause of the problem. She knew what she was doing though. She did it to help her friends, Bendy and Boris. They both liked playing the detective game, and Alice would be the villain sometimes to make sure Bendy or Boris wouldn't give up. It was a nice concept.