~The Harsh Truth~

- Extra chapter
- Backstory chapter
POV : Ink Bendy
_______________________________________

I always admired the little devil and what he could do. Bendy is his name, and I wanted to be just like him when I was brought to life by the ink machine...

I was a failed attempt and the first attempt to bring Bendy to reality. Thus,  I have no soul. This gave Joey the idea that he needed a soul to bring an ink character to life. Despite me having no soul, I never was harmful, nor was I threatening anybody. But due to my appearance, many found me to look unnatural and frightening, all except for one person. And his name was, Henry Stein.

I was kept a secret for the longest time, hiding away in Henry's office. If anyone were to come near there, I'd be sure to stay hidden in the corner of the room. I admit, it was hard getting used to the studio at first. The people I saw acted strange when it came to talking about their boss, Joey Drew, who was also the one who brought me to life. While, Joey never talked to me, I could only imagine he'd be an insane person. That was what I heard anyway.

Whilst I was with Henry, hiding out in his office, he taught me how to socialize, I even managed to speak after some time. He'd taught me how draw like him, sing and dance. He knew I was fascinated by who this Bendy guy was, he knew I wanted to be him. So I learned everything that would make me similar to him. But while I acted the part, I didn't really look the part. Some found it scary when they'd accidently come across me, they never told anyone about me though, and that was a good thing.

But eventually, all good things must come to an end. Someone by the name of Thomas Connor found me. Henry had quit his job a few years before then (without telling me why) and couldn't do anything about it. Thomas found me threatening, as so did others, but he was the person to actually lock me up. It was never his intention to, actually, despite him finding me scary. It was actually Joey who'd told him to lock me up. And from that day, I realised just how much of a monster Joey truly was...

Now, I should've realised this by all of those rumours spreading around. I even heard Henry say a few things. I overheard a conversation between him and one of his workers, Sammy.
.....................................................................

"I don't think Joey realises how much we do for him, Sammy." Henry spoke, sounding rather angry. I wouldn't say he was angry at Sammy, but at someone else.
Joey probably pissed him off.
"I know that, and it's getting on my nerves..." Sammy added, agreeing to Henry.
"If Joey doesn't start changing his ways now, I might have to leave." This made me feel confused as I never really knew what was going on. "I mean, I haven't left this place in days, I've lived off of bacon soup and water, plus, my wife and kids probably miss me..."
"Wait... you're quitting!?" Sammy yelled, earning a hand over his mouth. Obviously, I could see why Henry did that, he wouldn't want the world to know about it, especially Joey.
"Maybe... I haven't really thought about it yet..."
"Hmm..." Sammy stroked his chin. "If you do, I wish you the best. But I can't quit. If I do, then I'll have nowhere else to go..."
"Alright, please don't tell Joey about it. I'll speak to him myself..." Henry finished.
......................................................................

Just by hearing this, I should've done something about it. To be honest, I didn't want to believe Henry, so I didn't. Though I really should've listened and believed what he said were true, he was the only worker I really cared about, and the only worker who cared about me.

But he was quitting, it was just like Sammy said. What angered me was the fact that he never even told me. That's why I held I grudge against him once the time came that he left. Now, I wouldn't say he shouldn't have left. I got the fact that he had a home life. He had his own family, wife and kids. But he didn't have to quit!
Then again, I didn't know much at that time...
I know better, not to assume that nothing else is going on in Henry's life.