Chapter 8

--Previously--

I saw flashbacks that were not mine, and they scared me. They were very short and quick flashbacks. First I saw the ink machine hanging from the ceiling, then I saw a wheelchair, having no idea who it could've belonged to. Then I saw him...

The ink demon.
_______________________________________

I shot up from the ground, now being in the centre of the room instead of next to the table. I despised the fact I was laying right in the middle of a pentagram, but it took a while for me to get up and move. I heard a loud ringing in my ears the second I opened my eyes, but it never lasted. As for now, just a minor headache that I wanted to get rid of. How was I supposed to progress if I had a headache to deal with?

Eventually, I got up properly and kept my eye out for the axe that I was provided with before fainting. And to be honest, that's what I felt I'd do now. Have yet another blackout. So I tried ignoring it as best as I could.

I recollected my thoughts. How did I end up in the middle of the room if I wasn't even near the pentagram? Was someone here? Someone must've been here, after all, I couldn't exactly move on my own in my sleep. I know for a fact that I don't sleepwalk. So I ended up leaving it with that thought. Someone was here, right?

The axe was resting up against a coffin, which was strange since this was an animation studio. What would you need a coffin for? I kept a firm grip on the axe and left this next room, having to chop down some planks before doing so.

This next part of the studio was labelled as 'UTILITY SHAFT 9'. Stairs were leading down to the area. It was unknown to me that some old planks were dangling from the ceiling. Thus, me never noticing they were about to fall on my head. And once they did, my head hurt like a bitch.

'Shit! What was that?'

I rubbed the right side of my head, the side where it had the most impact. Wasn't that pleasant? I looked down at the floor, as I guessed, there were wooden planks that broke in half after hitting me on the head laying right on the floor beside my feet. I groaned and moved away.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was greeted with a wall that had some writing on it. Specifically saying 'HE WILL SET US FREE'. Above it was a large pipe full of ink, some of it was leaking, and below was a shelf with a few lit candles on.

Moving on, I found yet another shelf. This time, it had an audio log on it. Being curious, I pressed play, keeping my ears out for any information I could gather about this place.

____________________________________________

He appears from the shadows to rain his sweet blessings upon me. The figure of ink that shines in the darkness. I see you, my saviour. I pray you hear me.

Those old songs, I still sing them. For I know you are coming to save me. And I will be swept into your final loving embrace.

But, love requires sacrifice.

Can I get an amen?

__________________________________________

Nope, there was nothing useful in that audio log and the first thought that came to my mind was that he was a strange man in the late 20s/ early 30s, maybe even for the rest of his life. It'd be a miracle if he was still alive. Then again, my grandfather is still alive. Pushing all those thoughts aside, I decided to move on. So I took a step forward but stopped once I heard a familiar voice.

"I said, can I get an amen?" The voice asked.

How was he a familiar voice? To answer that, he sounded exactly like the man from the audio log, and I did not like that one bit. Knowing that I wasn't alone there was one thing, but then finding out someone like him was here with me is another, it was much worse.

I felt very uncomfortable in this situation, but the best I could do was just ignore it and carry on. Taking my advice, that's what I did.

Straight away, my eyes met a certain cut-out. As you may have guessed, it was the cut-out of a familiar dancing demon, Bendy himself. Again, the feeling of uneasiness and paranoia drifted upon me. I felt watched once again, and I didn't like that feeling one bit. Then I realised that right now, I have an advantage, the axe. I could use it to chop his creepy cut-out in half. Funny enough, that's what I did.

Now, a smile was on my face. That was until I saw a shallow ink pool I had to cross to progress. After I contemplated doing so, I decided to suck it up and go for it. Now, my shoes, surprisingly, never filled up with the ink I was trudging through. When I was halfway through the inky mess, I saw someone walk by. He was covered in ink, holding a Bendy cut-out. I stopped once I saw his eyes were on me. I physically couldn't move until he passed by. After a few seconds, he carried on, and so did I. Once I got to the end of the shallow pool of ink, I looked in the direction he was walking to. Only, there was a dead end. All I saw was a few shelves and possibly the bendy cut-out he held.

'Where did he go?'

I wondered, then again, I shouldn't have even questioned myself back there. After all, the unusual was now the usual in this place. I sighed, turning around and walking in the other direction. This way, there was a closed gate, and by it was a lever I had to pull. I knew I had to find power to open the gate before pulling the lever. A couple of switches should do the trick!

So I retraced my steps, seeing if I could find anything. And I did almost straight away, and it was hidden quite well, but it was still noticeable. A few cans of bacon soup were covering the switch, so I moved them out of the way. After flipping the switch, I moved back through the ink pool, spotting another one once I got to the audio log of that weird guy. It was very clear, on the wall. Again, I flipped the switch and carried on with the search. The last one was in another obvious spot. Seriously, it's surprising how easy this is, I thought it would be more challenging. But I'm not complaining one bit, I enjoyed it. The last switch was on the wall too. Again, I flipped it and gathered that there were no more switches. 

I began to walk back, but then I noticed the Bendy cut-out from earlier that I cut in half was now in one piece. I found this concerning. How did this happen? I swear I cut it in half earlier. But I thought about what had previously happened and ignored it. There were many more stranger things than this.

After I made my way back to the gate, trudging through the shallow, yet thick pool of ink, I pulled the lever and the gate opened. I almost tumbled over, as the ground began to shake. Was there an earthquake? If so, it only lasted a short period of time.

Once the gate was open, I saw another room blocked off by wooden planks that were attached to the door frame. So I chopped them in half, causing them to fall off and hit the ground with high impact. It appeared that I was now in a different area of the studio. This area was known as...

The music department.
__________________________________________

Word count : 1350 words

Amberzoeheart~