Chapter 7

--Previously--

My eyes darted around the room once again. It seemed I had missed something. There was a valve, above it was the words 'INK PRESSURE'. I assumed this was the last thing I had to do before turning on the ink machine. I took a deep breath in and out.

'I hope this works...'
______________________________________

Thankfully, no force stopped me from spinning the valve. However, after I did spin the valve, I had other problems my way. I was about to calmly walk out of the room, but then a pipe bursted, making me jolt back in surprise. Thinking it was the end of the world, and that I was going to die, I sprinted out of the room, making sure to stay as dry as possible. It wouldn't be nice to have ink all over me now would it?

I wondered how the timing was so oddly... unlucky. It was weird and was like it knew I was heading that way. I didn't find this amusing one bit, but I bet you whoever was scaring me loved the look on my face. I didn't have time for this anymore! So I ran back to the break room... again.

Finally, I pulled the lever and was happy that it let me do so this time. But once I did, I could hear something. It sounded like crawling coming from the pipes above me. And that gave me an unneasy feeling. It was at that moment that I knew something was here with me, just daring to kill me right here and now. So I kept a low profile, never even thinking about moving an inch or making a sound. But I had to move at some point, right?

'Screw it!'

I just gave up and walked to the exit. At this point I didn't even care about that stupid machine anymore, I just wanted to go home. But once I passed the room, I felt a force. I felt like I was a piece of metal, and that ink machine was the magnet. So what did I do? I went back to check up on the machine.

Not even in the room, and I already felt regret. I couldn't even go in the room anyway, it was all boarded up. Okay, now I felt scared. Still, I was bold and decided to take a few steps closer. Big mistake.

I fell backwards on instinct, as I saw a hand reach out from the boards to come and grab me. The hand never looked normal, it was made of ink. And once I looked up, I could make out the figure of a monster. My eyes went wide, my face going pale. Right away, I screamed and got up as quick as I could. Then I ran away, never daring to look back. I hopped over the pipe, changed directions, and sprinted away for the exit. Looking at my surroundings, it all looked darker than average. The ink was starting to cover the walls and even the floors.

I teared up and smiled, now seeing the exit. The only problem was the hole. How was I supposed to make that jump, it was way too big! The only way I could do it was to walk around it, but it was no use. It was nearly impossible to do that in just seconds, as the remaining floor was only very small. So I just hoped I'd make the jump. Hope never did anything in a situation like this. I never made the jump, and instead, I fell right in the hole and was only waiting for the impact of the hard, wooden floor. But it never came. Instead, I was embraced by a pool of ink.

It might have saved me, but I wouldn't be safe for too long. I felt a heavyweight pull me down like the ink was drowning me. Immediately, I went to look for anything that could drain the ink somehow. Fortunately, I managed to find a valve in an obvious spot. I tried ignoring the force that pulled me down and tried my best to get over there quickly. Then I spun the valve. I could feel the amount of tense leave my body, and I relaxed, now sitting on the ground. I wondered why that ink was so strong...

After finding absolutely no answers, I looked around the room and found nothing. The only thing I could find was a way out of this room, and I was happy about that. I turned into a hallway and found some stairs I had to walk down. Fucking great! The one thing that made me want to turn back was the sign above that read 'DANGER, KEEP OUT'. Then again, how else was I meant to escape?

Once I got to what I thought was the bottom of the stairs, there was, of course, more ink. Thankfully, there was another option to drain the ink by spinning the valve. And that's exactly what I did. Then, more stairs, more ink, so on. Finally, I had reached the bottom of the staircase and had drained all of the ink. Right in front of me was a door that begged me to go inside. Still, I wasn't 100% sure whether I should've done so or not. I picked the 'I'm a dumb main character in a horror film' choice, which was to go inside of the next room.

The next room was only very small. It had a table, and on it laid an axe, it could be useful. I kept that in mind and picked up the item. My eyes stayed on the wall, the words 'THE CREATOR LIED TO US' was written in ink. It only made me wonder who they were talking about, and who wrote it...

I just decided to ignore it and be on my way. Seems like I was right, I did need the axe to chop down the wooden planks that were blocking anyone from entering the next room. After doing so, there were more wooden planks to chop down. It made me slightly annoyed. Another thing that made me do a small, sarcastic laugh was that the door was blocked off by more wooden planks. Again, I chopped them down and opened the door.

Upon stepping into the room, my eyes could not handle the sight that I was yet to see. A pentagram was drawn with ink right in the middle of the room and around it were newly lit candles. I could barely hold myself, I felt like the atmosphere around me was shaking. I felt like I was going to faint, so I tried to break the fall by crouching down and gripping onto one of the chairs that were also around the pentagram.

I saw flashbacks that were not mine, and they scared me. They were very short and quick flashbacks. First I saw the ink machine hanging from the ceiling, then I saw a wheelchair, having no idea who it could've belonged to. Then I saw him...

The ink demon.
_______________________________________

Word count : 1192 words

Amberzoeheart~