Chapter 2

--Previously--

"You can go, but speak to Henry before anything, here's his address. I have a strange feeling your journey won't be as dangerous as Henry found it." He gave you a piece of paper with an address on it. I guessed it was Henry's address. 'Just how did he change his mind so quickly?'

So, here we are. Friday, 5 am, heading to the airport in a taxi. I have a feeling I won't be roaming the streets of Bristol for a long time...
______________________________________

Today..... today was the day I travelled to New York. Some of you may be wondering how it was so easy for me to catch a flight to New York, the answer is that I had already booked a flight to New York for the near future to go on holiday, but I decided to cancel that for myself so that I could figure out what was going on. It would help me get to know my family better too!

My routine was rather boring, to be honest. It was the dread of having to wake up at 4 am that made it harder for me to follow the routine. So, as you may know, I woke up at 4 am. My flight was at 6 am so I had plenty of time to get ready and get a taxi to drop me off at the airport. After that, I found out that I was a bit early, and I found that to be quite annoying considering I could've slept in. Then again, my flight was going to take time, so I used that as an opportunity to catch up on my sleep.

Finally, at 2 pm, I reached New York. Another thing that pissed me off was the fact I had to get another lift to Henry's house. Henry... I wonder what he's like... That made me think some more. 'Should I be doing this?' A hint of nervousness was in the voice of my thoughts. I could've just been overreacting though...

From what I've heard, Henry's a sweet guy. He's kind, caring, and all the above. The people in Joey Drew Studios were very lucky to work with him, to be honest. I wish that I worked at the pub with someone like him. I mean, I did have Oliver, but that was different. But isn't that a good thing, to be different? If we were all the same things in this world wouldn't be half as interesting.

'I'm pondering too much, I can't keep the driver waiting like this.'

I took a look back to where the car was. Or at least where it was supposed to be, that son of a bitch left me!!

'Oh well, I didn't pay him anyway'

It was then that I had realised that he had also taken my bags with him. He's greedy.

"OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!" I screamed, kicking a puddle. Unfortunately, that only made my shoes wet. And the water went through to my socks so they were soggy.

'Tsk! So this is New York huh? I pictured it to be better than this...'

A loud sigh escaped my lips. Way to go for a first impression, the neighbours probably heard me scream and shout...

I didn't even have to knock at any house after being so loud, because the door of the address opened.

But they were not Henry.

"Hang on..." I checked the note that Wally gave me with the address to Henry's house on it. It seemed that this was the right house. So where was Henry!? Unless he was inside the house or something like that...

A middle-aged couple answered the door. The wife was carrying her child, and the husband stood next to her with a little girls arms wrapped around his legs. They all looked rather friendly.

The wife was wearing a yellow top, some jeans. To top it off, she wore an apron, she seemed to have flour on her face, which was quite funny. She also had light brown hair up in a messy bun and small Green eyes.

The husband had thick, black, gelled hair and bright blue eyes. He was wearing work clothes of his by the look of it, he looked somewhat like a painter considering the amount of blue paint all over his clothes. Either that or something just needed to be painted within the house.

You never need to go into much detail with the children. They're just too adorable! Only thing is that they're sweet people, but once you get to know them they're rotten. I don't hate children or anything and I'm sure they're nice. I'm just bringing up the fact that it happens with a lot of children. I would know, I used to babysit.

"Hello there! Can I help you?" The husband asked, raising an eyebrow.

"In fact, yes you can!" I replied, smiling. "Do you two know anyone named Henry Stein?" After that things got weird. I couldn't help but just stare at their faces. They both looked very timid. The couple both looked side to side with a suspicious yet worried gaze. I wondered why they were acting like this. They both seemed scared and or worried, especially the man.

"Maya honey.." The child looked at her father. "Can you take Alfie upstairs for me and look after him?"

The child known as 'Maya' nodded as her mother passed the baby to her. She must've matured very quickly to be able to hold a baby. I couldn't hold one until I was 15. Maya took her little brother, Alfie upstairs.

The mother of the family put her hand on the father's shoulder and nodded, smiling. Then she left. So now it was just me and the man.

".... Come in..." He held the door open to me. Something must've happened. So I now know he's familiar with that guy, Henry. Just that they might not be on the right terms with each other. But I could also be completely wrong!

The man leads me to the living room and we sat on the couch. Still, the wife was nowhere to be seen and so were the children. But they were probably upstairs. I shouldn't worry about that right now though as I had other things I was suspicious about. The man.

"Who are you!?" He raised an eyebrow. I think I know why he was acting weirdly. He's probably confused as to why and how I know Henry. So I'll start over...

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N). The granddaughter of Wally Franks. Wally used to work at the studio with Henry Stein. And although they hardly know each other. My grandad told me they worked well together.

Now, the reason I'm here today is that I read the newspaper article about missing kids who wandered around Joey Drew Studios. I'm curious about this place, but I have every right to be. I need to speak with Henry so that I can get answers before I explore for myself. That's why I'm here today. To get answers. Henry did live here, am I correct?"

All the guy did was nod at that. He seemed to be lost for words. It came as a shock to him that I knew who Henry was, I just didn't know what he was going through.

"Henry..... He's at the hospital... He has cancer....." He teared up, I frowned at this. I may appear slightly tough to some, but really, I'm just as emotional as everyone else. "Henry's my dad...."

I was shocked. Not so much as the fact that they're related, I could've guessed that, but by the fact the guy had cancer... It made me feel like it was quite rude of me to ask, considering the fact it had just upset him.

"I'm so sorry! I can go-"

"No. You can speak with him... I'll take you to him tomorrow."

He wiped the tears from his eyes. I thanked him for the opportunity and smiled. He smiled back at me. Then I realised I had no place to stay.

"Umm, so Mr....."

"Martin." He introduced himself.

"Martin. Right. So, I have a bit of a problem.." Martin raised an eyebrow. "I travelled here from the UK... And I forgot to organise a place to stay for the night..."

"That's alright. You're welcome to stay for as long as you'd like." He smiled.

He was truly kind.

"Thank you, Martin!" He nodded.

Tomorrow... Tomorrow I will meet Henry Stein... And I will finally get answers...
_______________________________________

Word Count: 1435 words

Amberzoeheart~