Chapter 30

--Previously--

"I think I have an idea, but we'll have to go to Bertrum before anything..." The Ink Demon said, looking at the three of us. I was nervous about that. Sometimes, I couldn't tell what he was feeling, mainly because of that constant grin that stayed on his face. All I did from that point onwards was agree with him, even if he was wrong.
"Right..." I huffed.
_______________________________________

Around 30 minutes later, we all made it into Bendy Land. The four of us wandered around the place for a short while, seeing if there was anything we could find before chatting to Bertrum himself.
The guy was rather odd, minus him being an amusement park ride, it was mainly towards the way he acted. I never knew what was up, nor did I know how he really felt. But if there was some way to persuade him to help, I was sure to find out. After all, I'm not one for violence, but Bendy is. It only made sense that I hated that about the ink demon, as it was normal for a human to feel that way towards someone violent. Still, I couldn't help but feel... attracted, to put it one way.
But we're getting off track here. Just hopefully Bertrum would agree to stay out of whatever Alice was planning, then he'd be out of harms way and it'd make it easier.
I know I said I was not fond on violence, but when it comes to someone who almost tried to kill me, I'm all in.
So whatever was possible, I'd be sure that angel was gone, or atleast trapped. And I'd also make sure to keep our end of the deal towards the broken carnival ride, we'd be sure to fix him.

"Ya done?" Bendy asked, clearly bored at my plain expression. He knew I was deep in thought, and could -sort of- tell that I was nervous, yet determined. I shook my head and kept my gaze upwards, staring at his face. "What are you nervous for? I'm here." He said, keeping that same, annoying grin on his face.
"Well, maybe it's because I don't know how this'll all turn out!" I groaned, "On one hand, this could all go according to plan, which isn't very likely. But I also get the feeling that this is too easy, I have a feeling that-"

"You two ready to go? We can't find anything important." Allison said, walking towards us with Tom standing right behind her. The wolf still had the same expression, and it still surprised me that he didn't have that grouchy look whilst looking at me.
Both me and the ink demon nodded, Bendy, being fine about it all, and me, well, not being so sure about the whole thing. But I guess the only way we could find out who was right was by going in. Before that though, I kept a mental note not to trust the guy so easily...
______________________________________

"Hello Bertrum." Bendy greeted, coldly. With the way he spoke to Bertrum, and the way that Bertrum spoke back to him, it wasn't hard to tell that they were on bad terms with each other.
"Bendy." Bertrum spoke back, again, not sounding happy that we all came to disturb him. "What do you want?"
I let out a deep breath, walking closer to Bertrum. Much like Bendy, I wasn't fond of the guy either, especially seeing as he was working with Alice. I just hope what I'll say would persuade him to change his mind.
"Hello again, uh, so," I struggled with words. I didn't exactly practice any lines beforehand, so I didn't even know what to say. "We all know you're working with Alice. Can I just try to change you're mind?"

"Go on..." Bertrum listened.

"Ok," I breathed, thankful that he was willing to listen to me. "Whatever Alice's deal was, and whatever she said you were getting out of it, you're not. You should know Alice, she's never going to contribute to her part of the deal, she's just using you in the meantime." I rambled on.
"And what would you want out of this, Miss (L/N)?" Bertrum asked. I shivered at that. 'Since when did I tell him my last name!?' I asked myself, feeling slightly unnerved. However, I kept my cool, and carried on with what I was saying.
"All we want is for you to stay out of whatever Alice was planning. Please stay out of her way, not only will it be safer for you, but it could benefit us a lot and help us to get rid of her. We can-"

"Hmm... I'll think about it... But I'll need something in exchange." Interrupted Bertrum, catching on to the easy deal. It was honestly going to be so easy for him, especially since he was expecting a big prize out of it. All he had to do was ignore Alice.
"Thought you'd say that." I replied. "How about we fix you?"
"That'd be nice, yes." Bertrum smiled enthusiastically. "Alice has a supply of tools that could help with that. I don't know where it is, but I'm sure it's near where she usually roams."

The deal was rather simple, all we had to do now was gather the tools, fix Bertrum, and then he could stay out of Alice's plan. I was still confused at how Bertrum could even do anything to help Alice, as he couldn't move around, but at least now he was out of the plan.

"We should probably head down there then." Allison nudged me, implying we should leave. Not only to get this done sooner, but also for her sake, she didn't feel comfortable around that man.
Tom, who stood next to his wife, was just confused. He used to work with Bertrum pretty often, helped out with the amusement park. Though he didn't do much around the place, him and Bertrum got along well. And now that Alice felt uncomfortable around him, it just confused the wolf. Allison used to talk to Bertrum a lot too, seeing as she would use her spare time by doing whatever she could to help out her boyfriend.
Thomas looked up at Bertrum once again, seeing what he had become. He let out a quiet sigh, holding onto Allison's hand. The couple and I, shortly after the incident with Bertrum, left the room. But one figure of ink remained in that room.

I still didn't trust Bertrum 100%, and it seemed Bendy didn't too. In fact, when it came to the Ink Demon, he only disagreed more with the deal, seeing as it was unfair, and that he felt like something bad was going to happen. Bendy crept up to Bertrum, threatening him.
"If this is some kind of stunt you're pulling, Bertie," Bendy started, knowing the nickname would piss him off, "I won't hesitate to make you suffer..!"

"Oh I can assure you, Ink Demon," He started, clearly trying to hide the anger that boiled inside of him, "You and you're beloved (Y/N) will not be harmed. The poor girl did nothing bad to me."
Bendy blushed at the word 'beloved'. Never had he thought of it that way. Maybe he did care, maybe he didn't. Either way, he was never going to show it.
"She's not my beloved. She's just someone that- that-...." He sighed, giving up on his speech. "I don't know..."

Frustrated, the Ink Demon stomped out of the room to join the rest of us, who were now heading down to level 9, where we have a 50% chance of meeting Alice. I just hoped it'd be easier than that...
_____________________________________

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates. A lot of things have came up.

Word count : 1308 words

Amberzoeheart~