Chapter 10

--Previously--

After I had my daily dose of nostalgia, I gathered the information I had just heard from him. It pained me, knowing I'd have to look through every single bin just to find some keys.

"God fucking dammit." 

______________________________________

After about 10 minutes of searching through every bin, I managed to find some old keys, thinking they were in fact, gramps. I wasn't wrong about that! I made my way back to the area, unlocking a door that had a sign above it, reading 'CLOSET'. I had a bit of trouble unlocking the door since it was very old, but it wasn't too much stress. 

Inside the closet were a few cans of bacon soup, some other empty bowls, and another audio log.
_______________________________________

Every artistic person needs a sanctuary. Joey Drew has his and I have mine. To enter, you need only know my favourite song:

The bass fiddle sings with deep articulation,
The violin shudders with a piercing voice,
The bass fiddle returns and sings aloud,
The violin again screams.

Sing my song and my sanctuary will open to you.
_______________________________________

Now, I never understood this. Was there something I was missing? I never recalled seeing any instruments anywhere, nor did I recall any sanctuary. This was all just getting annoying! All I wanted was to open an office and pull a stupid lever, but now I have to do all this complicated stuff! Now I get the point gramps was trying to make out. It really must've been hard working in this place, whether it just be a janitor or an animator!

I put the keys on the shelf and walked away from the room. Maybe I was missing something. After all, I had not yet explored all of the areas of the music department.

'Bass, violin, bass, violin...'

I kept repeating this to myself so I wouldn't forget. I knew this was important, but where am I going?

I saw another way I could go, next to the sign that read 'RECORDING' was an open door. So I walked through it. And there I was, in the room the music room. The instruments gave that away. The room was rather large and had a small stage where most of the instruments were. This was what I needed the code for. So I played all of the instruments in order.

It didn't do anything. Though I did originally feel like I was missing something, so I decided to explore the place some more. I had explored the left side of the department, but I hadn't yet made it to the right side, so that's where I was planning to go. Once I was there, I saw stairs leading up to somewhere. I hurried up the stairs and into the next room. The room was filled with posters, a desk was there with its chair away from it. In front of the chair was a projector. From this room, I had a view of the room below this one. It was the music room. Looking at the projector screen, I had a feeling I'd have to turn on the projector for something. Only just now had I noticed the audio log on the desk.
_______________________________________

Every day the same thing happens, I'll be up here in my booth, the band will be swinging, and suddenly Sammy Lawrence comes marching in and shuts the whole thing down. Tells us all to wait in the hall.

Then I hear him. He starts up my projector, and he dashes from the projector booth and down to the recording studio like the little devil himself was chasing behind.

Few seconds later, the projector turns off. But Sammy, he doesn't come out for a long time. This man is weird. Crazy weird.

I have half the mind to talk to Mr. Drew about all this. But then again, I have to admit, Mr. Drew has his own peculiarities.
_______________________________________