Chapter 22

--Previously--

"I'd like you to help me fix these insecurities." Alice started, feeling excited about the situation. "Go fetch as much ink as you can. And (Y/N), you'll be needing this."
There was a syringe available for me to sample some ink from. I figured I'd have to collect ink from searchers. She'd tell me once it was enough. I just hoped it'd be soon...
______________________________________

I walked up the stairs and made it to level 11. The first thing I saw were a group of searchers, their backs having a clump of ink on them. They had their backs facing me, so it gave me the perfect opportunity to use the syringe on them, one at a time. Only, when I did the first one, they were all looking at me. So I froze.

They took that moment to prepare an attack on me. Thankfully, I was able to dodge. The first one tried whacking me on the left leg, but I moved backwards beforehand. The second one was taller, more of a hunch to its back. They tried cutting through my thigh, I was able to use the syringe on them at this point. Now I had 2 of them melting into the wooden floorboards. The third and fourth were going to attack, but something hit them. I looked at where the can of bacon soup came from, and there stood the butcher gang. But Charley, the one who threw the can, looked fixed. Maybe these clones were nice?

The butcher gang easily got rid of the other searchers, and I gave Charley the syringe to sample the ink from them. I let out a deep breath once they were all gone, thinking it was all over. Then I looked at the gang, they were all smirking at eachother. I was going to thank them, but then I caught on to what they were trying to do. They were going to kill me. Charley, the leader of the butcher gang, stepped forward, keeping hold of the syringe. If that were used on me, I'd be dead. I'd get ink mixed in with my blood.

In panic, I stepped back. I kept my stronger arm above the belt I had worn. When I saw the rest of the members step forward, that's when I knew I needed to fight back, so I grabbed my axe. Edgar and Barley pounced at me. Seeing that they had no weapons, this was easy. I slashed them with the axe I held. And now it was just me and Charley. Charley's expression changed a bit after seeing his crew were now dead, but he shrugged it off. He smirked, specially at me, and dropped the syringe. Then just like that, he walked away.

"What... the... fuck..?" I rubbed my head after putting the axe back. I grabbed the syringe off of the floor and continued my journey, but then I was stopped once again by Alice.
"There's no need to go further, that'll do..." She said calmly.
"Really?" I asked, clearly not believing a word she said. I mean, there's no way that I only had to kill 5 of them to proceed.
"I can always change my mind-"
"No no!"
"Short answer, yes, really. I hate to see you tired-" What she just said sounded nice. She seemed to care. Oh wait, I was too quick to judge. "-because I fear you wont do any of the tasks properly."
I shrugged, at least I'll be getting some sleep.
"Well then, errand girl, come back to level 9." Alice demanded.

I collected all my things and went back down the stairs. Once I made it to level 9, I walked to the big doors. There and then, she spoke again,
"Don't go through those doors, not at the moment. I'll come over to you, just wait there."
As she said, I stood there and waited patiently. It took longer than I expected for her to get there, so I just looked around the place. I noticed a shadow near the lift, the figure looked similar. It was the ink demon, he was always watching. I glared at him, not very pleased, and then looked away as the doors opened.
Alice stood there, holding a dirty pillow and the same thin inky blanket I wrapped myself in earlier. She also held a thicker blanket which would act as a mattress, a very uncomfortable mattress. Still, it'll do.

She passed everything to me and walked straight past me, now ignoring me. I tried to get her attention, mainly to thank her for letting me have all the extra sleep I needed to catch up on, but still, I was ignored. She didn't seem to want to have anything to do with me at the moment, but I took that as a good thing. Once she was out of my sight, so was the ink demon. Now, I was completely alone, worrying that I could die. I shook it off though, setting up a comfortable place to sleep, right outside the door.

And there we have it, I drifted off into a deep sleep,
................................................................

I woke up in an unknown room, still inside the studio. An audio log was placed in the middle of it, on a table. It was only an empty, small square room.

I was still alone, as always, but I felt safer than usual, and I let the audio log play...
____________________________________

Every day that I come to this darn place, I hear rumors about this 'Henry' guy. Joey says he's not important, but I'd say otherwise...

You see, I found this room a couple of months ago while I was cleaning out the place. Now it's just an empty room, but when I first saw it, it was full of designs, sketches, and even notes about all of the characters Joey Drew has created. They all had the same mark at the corner of the paper though, H.S.

I tried to look into it, without Joey knowing of course, but I couldn't find anything. Then it happened, the thought I had. If those were the first designs and notes of those characters, and the initials H.S was on there, could this Henry guy be the true creator of em' all!?

Joey's a liar, a very good one too. So if I hear anymore of this nonsense comin' from him, I'm outta here!
____________________________________

It was my grandad, Wally. I knew. It upset me that he was being lied too. I knew I was dreaming right now, but could this room exist in the place?

"Oh this place is very real, (Y/N)." I heard a voice say, sounding familiar. I turned around and saw Bendy standing a few feet away from me. "Maybe you're confused. I can tell you are, you're losing it, doll! Trusting Alice is a big mistake!"

So he could tell that I was beginning to trust her, huh? Then again, I don't know if I trust her yet...
"Maybe I am trusting her, maybe not. Either way, my instincts tell me I'm trusting the right person."
"I'm gonna stop ya there, toots." He chuckled. "You shouldn't trust anyone here, not even me!"
"Yeah, seeing as you're in my head right now," Bendy took a small step back. He wondered how I knew it was a dream, then began to laugh a bit. "I don't think so. And what's with the change of tone, you've always spoke to me colder than that."
"I may be in your head right now, but that doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true." Bendy snapped back, ignoring the question I had asked. "After all, not even you trust yourself. Right now, I'm just a figment of that pretty little brain of yours, which also proves that I know you, (Y/N)."

He was right, as much as I tried denying it. I was dreaming. Seeing how in this scenario, Bendy was trying to warn me about my decisions, it must mean something. I just don't know what...

"Oh, and I just want to clear things up-" Now, the ink demon and I were inches apart. Him and I being so close, I felt his warm breath. He whispered something useful into my ear.

"Liars are what lurk everywhere in this studio. You're only being deceived..."
_______________________________________

A/N: Just want to clear things up, I made up the audio log from Wally. Anyway bye!

Word count : 1400 words

Amberzoeheart~