Chapter 20

--Previously--

I sat on my throne, left alone with my thoughts. She needed to forget. I didn't have a plan, I just wanted her to forget. And if she didn't within a few hours, then I may have to sort that out myself...

"Just you wait, angel, you'll forget about it soon... Hopefully..."
______________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Wait!" I yelled. I didn't want him to leave. I didn't want to be alone. But no matter how loud I shouted, he didn't hear me. And now that I was alone, I felt unsafe. I needed to hurry back to Alice if I didn't want this feeling to last long. I expected a comment from the angel by now, but there was nothing. I found it to be strange since she usually says stuff out of the blue. Not in this case, apparently so.

I made it back to level 9, walking up to the big doors. I waited patiently for a few seconds before I heard her voice once again.
"Not bad for your first task. Though I did wonder why a certain Ink Demon was helping you..." She sighed, clearly bored.
It concerned me how she knew these things. Bendy told me that when he's near, she won't be able to see what's going on in the room he's in since the ink that covers the walls also covers the camera.
"How-?" I said, my mouth gaped open.
"Isn't it obvious? I've known him for decades. But he shouldn't be helping you. Next time I catch him near you, you won't live another second."
I looked to the ground, not showing any emotion. Truth is, that made me feel scared. Of course, if I showed it, she would most likely comment on it.
"O-Oh..." I stuttered, "What's the next task?" I asked, quite obviously trying to change the subject.
"Oh, yes!" She coughed. "I'd like you to speak to someone for me! I have a note, don't read it though. Just give it to him. Or, show it. Just wait there!"

Then, the speaker turned off. I sat on the ground, right in front of the door. A few minutes later, the doors slowly opened, revealing the angel herself, Alice. She held a small piece of paper in her right hand, having a smirk on her face. She handed me the note, then the doors shut on me. Was this my cue to leave?

"Oh, and before you go, don't speak to the ink demon. I have my eyes on you, errand girl."
I slowly nodded as the speaker turned off. Then, I walked off. On the note, which was folded over 3 times, there were directions to where I was supposed to be heading. This 'said' person was in Bendy Land, the place where Boris died in. There were directions to the room too.

It took a while, but I finally made it back to Bendy Land. Passing all of the obstacles I had already taken ages ago. The room I had entered was massive, and in the centre was a broken ride, with only 1 part left. There was an audio log on top of a drawer. But I never played it. I was confused. Nobody was here... Unless they could be hiding.
I looked at the front of the note again, it was the right place. I noticed there was a name on the bottom corner. The name 'Bertrum Piedmont'. Because of the thought, he could be hiding somewhere, I decided to yell out the name.

"BERTRUM!?" I yelled, hoping for a reply. Nothing. So I yelled again. "Hello!? Bertrum!!!"
After that second yell, I heard something happen to the broken ride. Suddenly, the middle part of the ride opened, revealing an enormous face. I screamed in terror and jumped back.
"Who are you? What are you doing?" He asked. I heard that voice before, in an audio log. So this was Bertrum trapped in there...
"I...Alice brought me here..." I replied shyly.
"Susie!? What does she want this time!?" He asked, clearly annoyed.
"I-I don't know, she just sent me here to show you this note," I said, unfolding the paper. I never looked at it and showed the written side to Bertrum. He seemed to have no trouble reading the letter, and I just stood there, watching his expression change every few seconds.

While I was in this state. I noted that Bertrum and Alice (otherwise known as Susie) were up to something. They could possibly be working together. I also noted that Bertrum wasn't too fond of Susie. But this only made me confused. If he didn't like her much, why was he helping her? Then I heard him sigh, taking me out of my wormhole of thoughts.
"Tell her that I might be able to help. But if so, we'd have to discuss the terms here, in private." He replied, looking at me. I folded the piece of paper again and nodded. Then, I walked back over to level 9, which was tiring.

I saw Alice waiting outside the door for me, as I came back to her holding the note. I tried giving it to her, but she just threw it into the ink. Well, it missed, but she didn't know that. I'd have to read it later. After all, I'm on both sides. I need to contribute to the Ink Demons side of the plan.
"Well, what did he say?"
"Uh..." I cleared my throat. "He said that he could help, but you have to go up and see him and discuss stuff in private."
"Very well then. Errand girl, I've left you some food, and some warmth. Just through those doors over there. When I get back, there's no time to waste." She said, beginning to walk away. When she was by the stairs, she stopped and turned around, "Consider yourself lucky, (Y/N), I've never done this for anyone before." She shook her head and walked down the stairs.

This made me feel confused, why would she do this for me? I never expected that. She'd left me things to take care of my well being. I was thankful I was getting food from her, let alone warmth. I've been needing much more rest in a place like this. Walking around is tiring, plus, my body clock had fallen out of its routine.

I ran to where she had dropped the note. It was crumpled, and some ink stains from her hands were on it. Nevertheless, I still opened it. I decided to keep it with me to give to the Ink Demon. Of course, I'd read it first though. After that, I made my way to the room she was talking about. It was the room we had met each other in person.
Opposite the glass was a stained blanket, and on top of that was a can of bacon soup, a plastic spoon being attached to the side of the can.

I sat on the ground, wrapping the blanket around me. Then, I opened the can of soup and began to eat it. I was starving. It had only been a few hours since I last ate, but soup isn't very filling. I heard heavy breathing coming from in front of me, so I looked up. Standing there was none other than the Ink Demon himself.
"What's that?" He asked, pointing at the folded piece of paper. I never replied as I was still eating the soup. He was about to pick the slip up, but I snatched it.
"I haven't read it yet," I replied, taking another sip of the soup. It wasn't long before I finished the can, so I tossed it across the room.
"You know Alice won't be happy you did that, right?" Bendy commented, staring at the soup can.
"I couldn't care less," I said, unfolding the piece of paper.
_____________________________________

Dear Bertrum,
It's been a while since we've talked. I couldn't care less about what you've been up to, it must be boring being stuck in an amusement park ride. Anyhow, I have a deal to make, if you're up to it. We can discuss the terms later, but for now, I want to know if you're in or not.

Sincerely,
Alice Angel
_____________________________________

The details about this 'deal' weren't in the letter, which was a smart move by Alice. If so, someone like Bendy would be able to read it and know what's going on. Now, Bendy hadn't read the letter yet. But I was contemplating whether I should give it to him or not. Who's side am I on? I'm beginning to think that I'm teaming with Alice. After all, Bendy's done nothing but talk to me like shit. And while he has fed me and let me sleep in the throne room, he doesn't seem too fond of me. He's using me. Alice, however, I can't tell when it comes to her.
I could give it to him, then he'd leave me alone. Or I leave it and say 'it's nothing important,' and have him stay with me. I can't decide...
_____________________________________

A/N: Hah, updates are slower because my laptop is still slow. And it's much worse now. So yeah.

Word count : 1550 words

Amberzoeheart~