Chapter 23

--Previously--

"Oh, and I just want to clear things up-" Now, the ink demon and I were inches apart. Him and I being so close, I felt his warm breath. He whispered something useful into my ear.

"Liars are what lurk everywhere in this studio. You're only being deceived..."
_______________________________________

I felt an inky hand shake me awake, leaving a stain on my shoulder. Slowly, I opened my eyes, adjusting to the dim light. There, stood Alice, looking at me plainly.
"Have a nice sleep?" She asked. I nodded to that, though it would be a lie. That dream left me even more drained than before. "Good. Now hopefully you have more energy to complete the very few tasks I have left for you. And if you don't, then tough luck."
I sat up and rubbed my eyes once more, my vision becoming less blurry each time. Alice never moved from her spot, which was right in front of me. She stared at me as I tried to wake myself up more.
"Get up." That demand made me stand up, her stern voice made me not want to anger her. "Good. Now since I'm already here, I shall tell you what to do,"
Alice picked up the syringe from beside me, then passed it over to me.
"There's something important that I need. White ink. It's quite rare since the studio has been abandoned. Those who find it are considered lucky. And that's why I do it the easy way. I steal it from other beings. That's what you'll have to do," She instructed. The idea of there being white ink around, gave me the idea that she'd most likely want to fix a part of her face. She must have all the resources she needs apart from white ink. I didn't want to hurt any more beings, so this would be a challenge. Anyhow, I agreed to help her as I didn't like the idea of getting badly injured, or possibly dying. "There's no specific location, I see loads of clones wander this area everyday. And while I'm not to fond of it, I leave most of them be. Fortunately, I have you now, so if you can collect as much white ink as possible, then I'd be happy."
This topic confused me. White ink? I had never seen such a thing in this place, well, aside from a few ink beings, still, it was weird.

Me and her parted ways. She wandered back to where she'd usually be, and I wandered around the studio. The place was huge, and I don't think I've even seen half of it. The building only looked small from the outside, which made me believe that most of the studio was underground. If so, then that explains why there's no windows.
I walked downstairs, making my way to the most concerning floor to be on, level 14. (A/N: Since the lift is broken, pretend there's stairs leading down there).

Right in front of me, was the corpse of an Edgar clone. It held an ink heart, but Alice never told me to collect that. I used the syringe to collect the white ink off of it, and the white ink only. The syringe was quite big, so I was no where near finished. I walked down the stairs, and there it was, a large pool of ink. Now, it wasn't deep, still, it felt heavy. All I could do was hope for the best. After a while of searching, I lost hope. Then I saw a light flash on me, something was standing behind me, a distance apart.

Slowly, I turned my body to face the creature. He had a freakishly large projector covering his head, which hurt to look at considering the fact that it was turned on. I expected him to attack me, but he just tilted his head (or projector). He didn't seem like a threat to me, so I smiled. I waved at the poor creature, but he still stared.
"Hello," I spoke, "Who are you?"
He never gave me an answer, so I guessed he couldn't speak. Instead, he walked up to one of the walls and wrote down a few words.
'THE PROJECTIONIST' Is what he wrote, using his hand.
"The Projectionist? Do you have a name?" I asked, hoping to find out who this worker was. He struggled to write on the wall, his hand was shaking. But he carried on after a few seconds.
'NOT THAT I REMEMBER... ALL I KNOW IS THAT I USED TO WORK HERE.' This confused me. How could that person forget his own name!? I stared at him, a slight tilt to my head. He noticed this and began to write some more. 'YOU LOOK SO FAMILIAR TO ME, I JUST CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO YOU RESEMBLE...'
After reading that, I knew who he was talking about. "Do you remember the name 'Wally Franks'?" I asked, staring at the Projectionist. He nodded, and wrote again.
'I FEEL LIKE I DO' I stroked my chin, then stepped forward. I remembered what I came down here to do. And I knew Alice didn't want me wasting her time, so I decided to make this quick.
"Well, I'm his grand-daughter!" I smiled once more, and held out a hand. He just looked at it, not bothering to shake it. Therefore, I did it for him, feeling satisfied with where I'd leave the conversation. "Listen, I can't waste anymore time. Talking to you has been nice, but I have to go-"
As I was about to leave, he grabbed my hand. Then, I turned to him and watched him write on the walls. At first, I guessed it was a 'goodbye' or something like that, but it was entirely different.
'LET ME COME WITH YOU. I HAVE LIGHT.' Thinking about it at first, Alice wouldn't react to kindly. Then again, he would provide me with more light, even though I had a flashlight, but each time I used it, the light got weaker and weaker. So maybe I could let him help me just this once. Who knows, this might be a good idea.
"... Oh alright, just this once." I agreed.
_______________________________________

Word count : 1045 words

Amberzoeheart~