Chapter 12

--Previously--

Not so long after I calmed down, I left the room. In this next room was a door, and next to it was a sign reading 'LIFT'. Aside from that, there was another option I could go through, and that was a corridor leading to who knows where...

I held the axe tightly and began to walk further until I finally made it somewhere. The safehouse.
_______________________________________

The safehouse had everything you would need to survive, and it looked like someone lived there. Only thing was that I couldn't find the person who lived there, either they were gone or they were hiding somewhere, but I highly doubt that.

The first thing that I saw was the small dining table, on it was a candle placed in the middle and a bowl of unfinished bacon soup. I'd say that it looked newly cooked, well, cooked a few hours ago. All in all, it didn't look very old. Next to the soup was an open toolbox, it was empty so nothing was interesting there. Not far off from the dining table was a small kitchen and on the stove was an empty pot. In the corner of this tiny kitchen were a few boxes, and opposite them was some artwork, it was a collage of different characters from the cartoon. Again, there was nothing around here to peak my interest. 

I turned into a hallway, some washing was hanging on the line. So I turned around and entered the bathroom. There was a large, cracked mirror in there, and poorly built toilet stalls that were both locked. After exploring the bathroom, I entered the bedroom. In the bedroom were 2 beds, one being a hammock and the other was just a regular bed. Underneath the hammock was an open box, not many things were inside but one thing caught my interest. It looked very much like a magnifying glass, only this one was rectangular. Black wires wrapped around the frame, connecting to a small battery pack at the top of the invention. Lights were inside the glass, currently switched on. Of course, the object had a few ink stains on it. Overall, this was an odd tool to me as I had never seen anything like it before.

Considering I hadn't seen it before, I wanted to test it out. I knew it wasn't a mirror, that's for sure, otherwise, it would've shown my reflection. I held the object to my face, everything looked normal, that was until I looked at the Bendy clock. Some drawings of devil horns were sketched in a bright, gold colour. Now, this was really interesting...

'I wonder what other drawings I can find...'

I thought to myself, still holding the glass to my face. I decided to check every room once again. On the bathroom mirror, there weren't any drawings. Instead, there was a message. 'WHO AM I NOW?' It read. I couldn't find any other messages in those rooms, so I went to the main room. On the floor was a message, it said 'I'M SORRY BUDDY' and from then, I knew something was wrong. I never read any more messages spread around the safehouse, instead, I left the place. Since the owner of the place was gone, that message could indicate that he was betrayed by someone, maybe a friend. There could be another human here! Then again, the last time I thought that all I saw was some creepy middle-aged ink man wearing a Bendy mask to cover his face. 

'I wonder what happened to him...'

That was my last thought before I left the safehouse. The further I went down the hall, the darker it got. It soon got to the point where I needed a flashlight. Lucky for me, there was a desk right in front of the darkroom, and on it was a flashlight. It was rather odd looking, I would know, it didn't look like your typical modern-day flashlight. Then again, what did I expect? It is an old building after all. I switched the flashlight on and began to walk through the next room. It was loud, not very surprising considering the number of what I assumed were pipes, gears and machines covering the walls. Almost being out of the dark area, I stopped in my tracks, hearing footsteps pass me by. I turned around immediately. Nothing. It never occurred to me that there was a possible chance I was going insane in this place. Once I thought that I shook it off. No, I wasn't paranoid about the noise, it wasn't in my head. I was sure of it! 

It came to the point I had reached the end of the loud room, the silence surprised me, seeing as I was just getting used to the loud background noise. It seemed the door that would've got me out of here wasn't open, which made me slightly annoyed. But I wasn't going back now, I wasn't going to give up! So I looked around the room, finally spotting a vent next to the door. Cautiously, I opened the grille, preparing for any events to occur whilst exploring the vents. I prepared for the worst of things to happen. For example, I could be killed by the ink demon there. Who knows where the vent will take me, or how long the vent is. If it's a maze then I could get into a dead end, then, no escape from that Ink Demon.

Once I felt brave enough, which never took a lot of time, I crouched down, crawling into the vent. I held the flashlight in my right hand, having the axe from earlier being tied to a spare belt I had found in the safehouse. Aside from me being squished, and the vents being narrow, I was okay. Nothing happened yet. I was thankful that the vents didn't appear to be some kind of maze I'd have to crawl through, that would make matter so much worse. When I had almost reached the end, I could hear a scream echo through the vent, followed by a loud crash. The voice of the scream sounded female, and the crash sounded scary. However, the words never left my mind at that hour. "You should have never left your cage, Boris! There's no Henry here to save you now!" The name 'Henry' caught me off guard. I knew who this girl was talking about, but what could've happened to bring up Henry!? "Now it'll be so easy for me to get you! YOU'RE ALONE NOW, BORIS THE WOLF!!" After that, I heard the crash. The sound of the impact was so loud that it made me jolt up and bash my head up against the top of the vent. I rubbed my head, seeing that now it was bruised. And once I finally got to the end of the vent, I thanked myself for my bravery. Because I knew that someone was definitely in danger, and I had to save them...!
_______________________________________

A/N: Here's the belt thing if you want to know what it looks like! Art by me:

Word count : 1180 words

Amberzoeheart~