Chapter 9

--Previously--

Once the gate was open, I saw another room blocked off by wooden planks that were attached to the door frame. So I chopped them in half, causing them to fall off and hit the ground with high impact. It appeared that I was now in a different area of the studio. This area was known as...

The music department.
_______________________________________

The whole area was much darker, and the smell of ink stayed in it. Despite the room being a little bit dark, I could see well enough. My eyes locked onto the audio log that was by the art on the wall, it was on a shelf. So I walked up to it and decided to listen. Who knows, maybe this one has more information than the last one I had listened to.
_______________________________________

So first, Joey installs this ink machine over our heads. Then it begins to leak. Three times last month, we couldn't even get out of the department because the ink had flooded the stairwell.

Joey's solution? An ink pump to drain it periodically. Now I have this ugly pump switch right in my office. People in and out all day.

Thanks, Joey. Just what I needed. More distractions. These stupid cartoon songs don't write themselves you know.
_______________________________________

A few things I gathered from that. This guy hates Joey, or just finds him annoying. To be honest, I probably would too. Second of all, there's a pump switch in his office, I would only need to know his name to find his office. But unfortunately, I don't know this man. All I know is that he's one creepy fellow, and he's probably here, hiding from me right now. I did hear his voice earlier.

I turned around and found a door frame, above it read 'STAIRS'. Unfortunately, the staircase was flooded, meaning that this guy was right. If I can drain it, I could get out of this place. Before I left the room, I saw a lever I could pull. I didn't think it would be the one that would drain the stairwell as the guy had mentioned that it was in his office, wherever that was. I was right, the lever never drained the stairs, it did something else. Once I pulled it and turned around, I saw that the whole place was a lot lighter, and I guessed it had something to do with the lever.

As soon as I left the room, a few inky creatures popped out from the ground. This made me panic, what on earth are they!? Are they threatening me!? What and why exactly did they come!?

I had my second question answered as soon as I got hit by one of them. It surprisingly hurt quite a bit, and from then I knew I had to get rid of those beings. I quickly grabbed my axe and swung it, it managed to hit a couple. I was really going wild, I didn't even understand what I was doing. One by one, I managed to kill each one of those ink blobs. I took deep breaths afterwards, wanting to rest. But I never did that, it would be too lazy and cowardly of me to do such a thing when I know I'm in danger and I have to escape this place.

Right on queue, a gate opened which didn't surprise me anymore. I've been in this place for at least a few hours now. Through the gate was another corridor, and at the end of it appeared to be a small room. I could just make out the writing, having to squint my eyes to see it properly. Of course, I only saw the bigger text. It was a name, a name of someone called Sammy Lawrence. That name rang a bell to me, I guess grandpa Wally must've told me about him before. Could he be the guy that I had heard on the audio logs recently? 

I checked all the other rooms before I made my way down. One of them had an organ, the other had a few desks, nothing of my interest. So I just sighed and finally made my way to the bottom of the corridor. In front of me was a window frame, obviously with no glass on. Next to it was a door that I could not yet open as there was a shallow pool of ink in its way. Above the door was a pipe that leaking a ton of ink, this caused the blockage in the first place. If I was going to get in his office I would need to drain the ink.

'Where do I start?'

As if luck was on my side, I spotted an audio log opposite a Bendy cut-out. I had to take the risk of getting ink all over my clothes once again, so I leaned over to press play...
______________________________________

So I go to get my dust pan from the hall closet the other day and guess what? I can't find my stupid keys. It's like they disappeared into thin air or something.

All I can think of is that they must have fallen into one of the garbage cans as I was making my rounds last week.

I just hope nobody tells Sammy. Because if he finds out I've lost my keys again, I'm outta here.
_____________________________________

I smiled to myself, remembering something about my grandad, Wally. It wasn't the fact that he had grown older that was making him forget things, he was always like this. I found it quite funny how we'd be in the middle of a conversation, then he'd just forget halfway through. Or the times I had Oliver and his girlfriend, Rebecca stay over, he'd just forget they were even there. I laughed at that thought. After I had my daily dose of nostalgia, I gathered the information I had just heard from him. It pained me, knowing I'd have to look through every single bin just to find some keys.

"God fucking dammit." 
______________________________________

Word count : 1018 words

Amberzoeheart~