Chapter 4

--Previously--

I nodded at Henry and started to leave the room. But he was quick to grab my hand before taking just one step forward. We looked right into the eyes of each other.

"That studio holds many secrets... Just don't let anyone fool you..."
_______________________________________

Those were the last words I ever heard from Henry before entering the place he used to work in. Just by looking at the outside, I could tell that a bunch of teenagers must hang around here. Black graffiti was covering the majority of the exterior walls. Some teenagers were so eager to spend time around the place, as they wrote 'creepy' sentences and drew random, but unnerving pictures in effort to keep others away. That wasn't going to work on me though. As a fully grown adult, it's going to take a lot more than a creepy message and a terribly drawn demon to scare me.

I kicked the door open, dust filled the air as I coughed. I tried clearing the dust from my path, looking like a lunatic from waving my arms in the air. Once the entrance was in plain sight, I could really take in how Henry felt...
'Why's the place so eerie?' I wondered, closing the old, broken door behind me. Once I turned my body around, I studied the place in depth. Looking at each and every poster of the devil darlin and the wolf.

In the middle of the short corridor was a hole. Some edges of the planks were hanging off, and so I snapped the piece of the wood, causing it to fall to the ground. I did this so that I could check how deep the hole was. And I gotta say, the drop was scary.

The plank felt damp, so I assumed they were weak and must've fallen off when someone made an impact with them. Someone was here, I knew that. Only, I didn't know where. And that was a problem.

I decided to step out of my comfort zone and explore the studio. So I made sure to step around the gap, which was a challenge. On the walls, a few posters were up. Still, it surprised me how they remained stuck to the wall.

Suddenly, the door slammed shut, making me gasp and quickly turn my body around to face the sound. I was relieved at the fact that it was only a door and nothing else. As I expected it to be, it was cold inside the building, hence why I was wearing layers.

I walked further inside the studio and stopped in my tracks once I felt something cold and wet drip onto my head. I placed a finger on the liquid, it was ink. Not only was it on the ceiling, but it was everywhere around the place. I felt like I was in a horror film once the projector turned on. I recalled what Henry told me at the hospital, was it true?

My attention went from the projector playing music, to the right side of the wall. Lights shined on 3 reels that were spinning in circles, in front were the words 'J O E Y D R E W S T U D I O S'. A fence was blocking me from walking even closer to the logo.

I saw another corridor to the right side of the wall and decided to walk through it. All doors I tested were locked and I had no access to anywhere except the Ink Machine room. I had no idea what the full backstory of this studio was, let alone an Ink machine. I had never heard of such a thing in my life. I felt like the main character in a horror movie and decided to take that role seriously, walking into the Ink machine room. A big pipe almost made me trip and fall over, but I was lucky enough to see it blocking my way before I stepped too close to it.

Finally, I had made it into the room where I assumed that all of the 'magic' happened. The room was 2 floors, and I was on the second floor of the room. Chains came down from the ceiling and looked like they were holding something, I couldn't see what the chains were holding but assumed it was the ink machine. From the side, I could see a tall box with a lever. Next to it was another box, this time, a short, wide box with gaps for the missing objects to put inside it. Then I looked to my left and spotted a chest, a shelf was behind. On the shelf, I spotted a battery looking thing, a dry cell. I inspected it, picking it up and taking it with me. It looked big enough to fit in the wide box. I seemed to be right and praised myself for it. Then I opened the chest and saw another dry cell, I grabbed it and did the same thing, placing it into the box. But nothing happened yet. Alteast until I pulled the lever.

The chains raised something from underneath, and the object the chains were attached to was finally revealed. It was indeed the ink machine. It was huge! It looked impressive!!

'Is there a way to turn it on?'

I tilted my head at the thought. It also made me wonder what would happen if I had turned it on. Just thinking about it pushed me to find instructions. Then I wondered if I shouldn't turn it on, and that what I was about to do was a big mistake. Nevertheless, I shook off that thought and left the ink machine room.

'What's the worst that can happen?'

That is what I thought to myself. It was then I noticed that there was a cog in the box that held the dry cells inside. I never touched it though since I never knew it would be useful at the time.

Once I left the ink machine room, I noticed that the doors had opened, which I had thought was slightly creepy. Either way, I picked the left side of me. The door was left slightly open. Thus, making me even more curious about what was in the room.

I pushed open the door, it creaked a little. Having the door shut is a no for me, not taking any chances of being trapped in this room. Now, walking down the stairs, I felt rather uncomfortable, as if I was being watched by someone in the shadows. But I could already see something stare at me, a stupid -happy-go-lucky- cut out of the dancin' demon himself. It was the only object here that I didn't come to good terms with, it was creeping me out a way too much for me to stare at it for much longer. To solve this problem (temporarily) I turned the cut-out around, making it face the wall. I'm sure he'd enjoy himself staring at a blank wall.

The room had a few tables and sets of chairs. One of them held a bunch of books which -sort of- piqued my interest. Maybe reading them would help me have more knowledge of this place. All of those books looked the same, aside from one of them. It was named... 'THE ILLUSION OF LIVING'. It was the one that I felt most intrigued by, so I picked it up. I had to read it sometime, but not now.

'I'll read it later.'

I thought, carrying the book with me. Other than the tables and books, there were other rooms. One corridor leading to a blocked off entry to another room. There was another unlocked door to a room, well, wasn't a room, more of a storage area full of bacon soup. I had never tried that before. But it wasn't like I'd wanted to try it now, it was probably way out of date. Never would I be eating old bacon soup, not taking any chances of getting poisoned or something similar to that.

Nothing out of the ordinary was in those rooms, apart from that damn cut-out that seemed to be appearing almost everywhere around the studio.

I kept a firm grip on the book I picked up earlier and walked out of the room. Now I had other options of rooms to look through. I walked down the corridor until I finally had the option to turn left, or right. I decided to go the right way before the left way. Another cut-out was staring at me, and I gave up trying to turn it around since it always scared me, no matter what direction it was facing. But whenever it looks at me, I feel like I'm being watched wherever I go. Of course, I don't like the feeling of it. It creeps me out. But who wouldn't be creeped out?

I avoided making any further eye contact with the cut-out and walked forward. Now I had two other options. I was going to go left, but when I turned there I was not feeling pleasant at all.

A corpse.
_______________________________________

Word count : 1538 words

Amberzoeheart~