Chapter 5

--Previously--

Another cut-out was staring at me, and I gave up trying to turn it around since it always scared me, no matter what direction it was facing. But whenever it looks at me, I feel like I'm being watched wherever I go. Of course, I don't like the feeling of it. It creeps me out. But who wouldn't be creeped out?

I avoided making any further eye contact with the cut-out and walked forward. Now I had two other options. I was going to go left, but when I turned there I was not feeling pleasant at all.

A corpse. 
______________________________________

A body of a wolf, on a surface, a small pool of ink surrounding it. The wolf seemed familiar to me, but no matter how hard I thought about it, I couldn't remember him.

I couldn't remember the name of the wolf, but I did recall the image. Posters of him were plastered around the studio, but I never noticed the name on it. Though, I was certain that it started with a B.

However, the name of the wolf doesn't matter. Right now, I'm wondering how an ink wolf is laying on a table. He must've been brought to life somehow, and I kept thinking of how that could've happened. It didn't make sense to me. What was shocking is that someone went out of their way to kill it! A worker in the studio who must've met the wolf before, an ink wolf, and decided the best thing to do was to kill it!? I thought otherwise. I would've loved to become friends with the wolf, it must've been so cool to meet an alive, moving ink wolf!

Imagine how much praise the creator had!

But now, there it was, lifeless. Who could've done such a thing!? That poor wolf...

It was then I noticed something inside the wolf's ribcage. It was a wrench. To think that someone put a wrench inside the dead wolf was disappointing as much as it was disgusting.

I never touched it, not knowing that I would've needed it in future. All I did beyond that point was gag and leave the room.

I went to the next room and there were a bunch of pedestals, about 6 to be exact. Above all 6 of them was a picture of what I assumed was meant to be the object that you needed to put on top of them. And it seemed I was already holding one of the said objects. It was the book. I wasn't quite sure if I should've put the book on top of the pedestal, but I did it anyway. Once the item was placed on top of the pedestal, it lowered to the ground.

Straight forward was a button and a lever. Above was a sign reading.. 'INK MACHINE'. The button had the words 'LOW PRESSURE'. I had a feeling this had to do with turning on the ink machine, so I did what I figured was needed to be done. I started to search for the 5 remaining objects.

I had not realised at the time, but I had already found half of the items needed. These items were the book, the wrench and the cog. It was a good thing I remembered where they all were. I decided to get the closest object, which was the wrench. The only bad part about this was that I had to meet with that dead wolf again. And the sight wasn't happy at all. Worst of all, I had to touch it to get the wrench.

The unexpected happened once I left that room. There stood another cut-out of that creepy devil. And that cut-out scared the shit out of me! I was only glad no one was there to see the fear on my face. Still, I felt embarrassed. And again, the uneasy feeling of being watched came back to me once my eyes were on that cut-out. Being annoyed at the object, I knocked it over, then continued my walk to the other room.

And now I had to do that gross part, now I had to grab the wrench from that body. Just thinking about it makes me gag. Finally, I reached out my left hand which touched one of the wolf's ribs, I could barely hold myself together. I shut my eyes tightly, not daring to open them until I had that wrench. My hand searched for the tip of the wrench for a few seconds. And once I had the wrench and pulled it out, I opened my eyes and let out a breath that I didn't even realise I was holding in for so long.

'Thank god that's over..'

I sighed in relief. But now my hand was covered in ink, so I did an unsanitary thing and wiped it over my leggings. How disgusting that task was.

Next, I had to go back into the ink machine room to grab the cog that I left in the box. I figured that the wrench was probably the most sickly thing I needed to grab. I'm not talking about the wrench in general, I mean what I had to do to grab the wrench.

I left the room, expecting some other jumpscare to occur, but it never came.

"Typical." I scoffed, crossing my arms. For once, I used my voice. Then again, it wasn't surprising that I wasn't talking, since I was alone.

At last, I made it to the ink machine room. I finally agreed to myself that the cog was the easiest thing to find. I only had to grab it from the chest. I never expected the cog to be so light. I could hardly feel any weight from it. Once I grabbed it, I sighed and smiled to myself. Another task = done.

I reminded myself that there were a few places that I haven't been to yet and that the rest of the objects were in those rooms. I decided to take myself back to the beginning, as there was one turn I missed.

Again, I heard the music from the projector, but I never took much notice of it. I just walked past it and into the next room. Another small corridor took me to a room. There was a desk inside which I had assumed, belonged to one of the workers. The name gave it away. Henry Stein. This was his desk. Everything seemed nice around there aside from the damp, cracked walls and the disturbing cut-out that was currently staring into my soul. Nothing unusual here.

Behind me was a door that took me to another room. This time, there was more than one desk. Many workers were working around here then. A jar of ink was on one of the desks and I suddenly remembered that it was one of the items I needed. I was right to come to this part of the studio all along then. I picked up the jar of ink, and now my hands were full. I'd have to go back and place all of the items I gathered onto the correct pedestals. Funny enough, that's exactly what I did.

After doing so, I tried looking for the last 2 objects, a music disk and a plushie. There were so many rooms that I hadn't been through yet. Before deciding to enter the other half of the studio that I had not yet explored, I decided to test some of the doors in case anything was hidden in the extra rooms.

Lucky for me, I was right to check in the other rooms. I found the music disk laying in a small room near the ink machine. It was a small office room that had a desk with a music box on top of it. Beside it was a neatly organised shelf, which was surprising considering the place is abandoned. In front of the shelf was a chair, and on the wall, a poster of Boris the wolf was just managing to stick on. 

'So that's his name! Boris the wolf. Can't believe I forgot.'

Once Boris came to my mind, I started to think about what would happen if I turned the ink machine on. It might not be such a good idea after all. I mean, there was a corpse of an ink wolf here.

And Henry said I would be in great danger... 
_______________________________________

Word count: 1419 words

Amberzoeheart~