𝟎𝟑𝟓

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕒𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕠𝕠𝕟
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘶

     "HERE'S the Williams files," JJ says as she walks up to Emily's desk, "Hey, you okay?" She asks as she notices her friend staring off into space.

"Uh, yeah..." Emily says, doing an awful job at hiding her stress.

"Oh, c'mon," JJ states, "There's something bugging you."

"I have a lot of files to go through and just not enough time," Emily explains and sees JJ shake her head.

"And what you're actually stressed about?" The blonde questions her with a small chuckle.

"Noah asked me if she could go to a party tonight." Emily sighs as she lets out her real problem.

"A party?"

"An after-party for a football game."

"That sounds like fun—" Morgan buts into the conversation.

"You're kidding, right?" Emily asks him as she leans back in her chair.

"What?" Morgan asks, "We used to have parties after our games all the time.  It's just a bit of fun—"

"With a bit of alcohol." Emily cuts him off.

"She's a good kid, Prentiss." Morgan defends the teen.

"Yeah, Em, it's Noah we're talking about," JJ adds.

"I heard my Munchkin's name, what're we talking about?" Penelope asks as she perkily walks up to the group.

"Emily is nervous about Noah going to a party tonight." JJ answers for Emily.

"My little fairy goddaughter would never be involved in any teenage mischief if that's what you're worried about." The blonde states with sweet confidence.

"I don't know that for sure—" Emily argues.

"Emily, she's terrified of disappointing you," Penelope says.

"How do you know?"

"I am all-knowing and if I know anyone, I know that child. She won't let you down, E." Garcia declares with a smile.

"Well, thanks for the hope, Garcia."

"Anything to make you happy," Penelope replies and puts a hand on Emily's shoulder. She walks back to her lair and everyone else returns to their desks.

Emily looks down at her work and puts all her attention on her work. With the help of the team, she is able to stop worrying about Noah.  She realizes that she cannot be worried about something that has not even happened yet.

"Hey," Noah says as she approaches Emily's desk.

"Hey, how'd you get up here?"

"Well, Jess was in a rush for her shift, so we walked super fast today.  And I bumped into that tech guy — Keith?  Ken?"