Chapter 27

Isabella had walked out of the forest multiple times, but never did she run into anyone. Not even Hagrid, he was usually in his cabin at this time. 

She had just come to the conclusion that she was going to ignore all the ridiculous theories she had made in her head and go her own way. Last year she had seen scattered dreams about Harry saving the Philosopher's Stone and it had done nothing to affect the present. So it would be the same this time around. 
She was going to dismiss them as meaningless dreams.

Just as she had decided that she saw a very familiar old face smiling down at her.

"Professor Dumbledore," Isabella breathed, startled. Then she realised where she had walked out of. 

She mouthed wordlessly, like a fish out of water, her brain working hard to find an excuse.

"I am quite certain I mentioned that the Forest was Forbidden," Dumbledore said serenely. "And I do so for your own safety, Miss Jefferson,"

Isabella stared at the old Headmaster, wondering how he knew her name. She didn't think the headmaster would know who she was. There were hundreds of students at Hogwarts. Did he know everyone?

Dumbledore gave a small chuckle. 

"Of course, I know my students, Miss Jefferson," he said kindly. 

Isabella blinked. It was like he was reading her mind!

"Come," Dumbledore said. "I suggest you return to the castle. After a tiring Quidditch practice and an adventurous journey into the Forbidden Forest, a filling dinner and a nice bed would be inviting, I believe,"

Isabella didn't know what to say so she simply nodded and walked along with Dumbledore. She held her broom tighter, wondering if she was going to get in trouble. She would most probably get detention for the rest of the year. 

"Don't worry," Dumbledore said brightly. "You are not in trouble. . .However, I do advise you that the Forest is not the safest place,"

Isabella knew that she wasn't going to take Dumbledore's advice. She was still going to keep visiting the forest.

"I do understand the will to rebel," Dumbledore continued. "How wonderful the world in those woods must seem. But there are dangers lurking between those dark trees,"

"I don't visit the forest during full moons," Isabella said suddenly. "I keep well away from werewolves. And I've never heard that there are any vampires or banshees in the forest. And I know not to disrupt the centaurs peace,"

Dumbeldore laughed, as though the entire situation was very amusing for him. 

"Of course, you do," he said. "However, it is not wise to go there," he glanced at the trees. "Unarmed,"

"I'm not unarmed," Isabella said with courage she didn't know she had. "I have my wand with me at all times. And I think I've read enough about the magical creatures and I've heard a lot from Hagrid about them. I think I'll be able to handle myself,"

The old man sighed, his beard rippling in the light wind. 

"Yet, Miss Jefferson," he said simply, but Isabella could sense the sternness in his voice. "The forest is forbidden for a very good reason,"

Isabella nodded, giving in. . .That however didn't mean she was going to stop visit the forest. She was still going to do it. It was one of the best places on the school grounds and she was not going to give it up.

Isabella silently followed Dumbledore up to the castle. She held her broom with both hands and her fingers were playing with the ends, nervously.