Chapter 149

The next dawned bright and early. 

The sweltering heat of June was felt everywhere and the Marauders slept peacefully in their beds, feeling very proud of their feats last night. 

Lily was the same. She was having a pleasant dream and she no longer felt uneasy about her coming N.E.W.T.s, at least for the time being. 

Regulus, at long last, had a good night sleep, instead of the nightmares and restless nights. 

When James woke up, it was way past eleven in the morning. 

He yawned and trudged out of bed. 

"You're up?" Remus said groggily from his bed. 

"We've got to put up the mirrors today," James mumbled. "Lot of work to do. . .Nine floors, how many corridors does Hogwarts have again?"

"Lemme check the Map," Remus said yawning widely. 

As James got ready, throwing his things pell-mell as he searched in his trunk for his favourite socks, Sirius woke up, swearing.

"What're you idiots doing?" he grumbled. "The sun isn't up yet?" 

"The sun rose ages ago, dumbass," James said, hurling an unwashed pair of pants at Sirius' face. 

"Get up. We've got to put up those mirrors,"

Sirius groaned and fell back into his pillow. 

"Right," he droned. "I mean, are we even getting credit? We're working so hard to save the school. Hell! The damn wizarding world,"

"We'll go down in history, Pads, don't worry," James grinned up at his best mate. 

"Wonder what's for breakfast," Peter mumbled rolling out of bed, falling to the floor with a small thud, getting up unfazed and heading to the bathrooms.

"I'm looking forward to bacon," Remus said. 

"I'll stick with toast and marmalade today," James said.

"Eggs or porridge?" Sirius wondered.

"Eggs for me," Peter said from the bathroom. 

"It's a Sunday," James said looking out of the window at the bright blue sky. "I'll ask Lily on a date. . .We can go to the library,"

"You two can come along," he said brightly to Sirius and Remus. 

". . .I want to sleep some more," Sirius yawned. 

"Do that in the library," Remus said getting out of bed as well. "We've got to put up those mirrors first,"

..........................................................................................

"You look better today," Marcus told Regulus. "Slept well?"

"Yeah," Regulus said, slinging his bag over his shoulder. 

"You aren't going to drag me to the library again, are you?" Marcus groaned.

"You don't have to come along if you don't want to," Regulus huffed. "In case you don't realise, the exams are right round the corner. It's in two weeks time,"

"Save me!" Marcus cried, hugging Elena as they found the girl in the common room, on her way to the Great Hall for breakfast at ten in the morning.