Chapter 178

Things as bizarrely, but just as undeniably went back to what one could dare to call normal.

The flow of time cannot be restrained, and so, as many say, life moves on. And so it did.

Mostly.

Remus hadn't allowed himself to cry over Isabella for so long, but when, on the dreary night of the first of October Kreacher arrived to hand him a letter, he broke. 

'Dear Remus,
I had arranged for this letter to find you next, and this would also mean that my situation, whatever it may be, renders me incapable of telling you this myself.
You have always been rather passionate about werewolf rights, even if you never tried openly showing it, it is something I've noticed. 
I think it would be nice to expand on that. Instead of worrying about what others would define as a stable life, I think it would be best if you fought for what you thought was right.
But for this, it would be best if you went among the ones just like you. Yes, I am asking you to go see what the situation in the underground is like. I suspect Dumbledore will make you do the same soon.
The werewolves will be quick to join Voldemort because they had been shunned by the others for so long. For equal standing, they will robe in black and take the ink on their forearms. 
You can be not just an informant, but also an advocate.
Keeping all this aside, I do think you should try getting a tattoo too, instead of debating on the idea. Hesitation is best in moderation.
With regards,
Yours truly,
Isabella'

"She's got one for each of us?" Peter said shakily, when Remus passed the letter around the dining table. 

"All pre-planned," Sirius choked out.

"With instructions," Lily said softly. 

She couldn't deny it, she was feeling slightly bitter. 

Because, even now, Isabella's focus was on taking down Voldemort. As though there was nothing beyond that in her life. 

She had thought that they had gotten close. Lily even stayed up all night, talking to Isabella, complaining about James. She had managed to get a few giggles out of the girl and even managed to get Isabella to complain about Regulus, something that seemed too foreign to Isabella.

Maybe, if they had more time, then they would have gotten closer.

None of them had uttered her name out loud till now. 

It was as though it was tabooed too, just like Lord Voldemort's name. 

"I'll do it," Remus sighed. "I'll go underground. . .And if Dumbledore's going to come with the idea soon, then. . ."

He trailed off and shrugged.

"What about Regulus?" Lily said finally. 

They had reached the conclusion that the first person to get a letter must be Regulus, because, well the reasons were pretty obvious now. 

Peter said he still didn't think they should bring up Izzy in front of the boy. And the others still agreed.

"It's really been long," James said. "And he's not even talking to us,"

"I know," Sirius frowned. "It has been long,"

"Give him some more time," Remus said bracingly. "It must be hard,"

"It's been weeks," Sirius grumbled and put his head on the table. 

James rarely made tea now. He just didn't seem able to find it enjoyable anymore.