Chapter 73

It had been almost a month, and finally, Regulus snapped. 

Whatever was going on with Marcus, it had gone long enough.

"You've been avoiding me," Regulus said crossing his arms and glaring up at his friend.

"I have better things to do," Marcus said shortly and pulled his bag towards in and plopped down onto his bed. He upturned his bag and let his books fall onto his bed, before sorting them based on the subjects.

Regulus gave his wrist a flick and the books arranged themselves. 

"Why don't you take your own advice for once," Regulus said. "Why are you behaving this way? Did I do something?"

"No," Marcus said in a voice that told Regulus that it had everything to do with him. 

". . .Is it because I didn't send a single letter during the holidays?" he said uncertainly. "I was caught up with some other things,"

"The last thing I want is a letter from you," Marcus said bitterly.

Regulus was taken aback. What had he supposedly done now? What ever was Marcus so angry at?

Regulus cleared his throat.

"I have my reasons," he said stiffly. "Now what is wrong with you?"

Marcus jumped to his feet and glared down at Regulus.

"I don't see why this is any of your business, Black," Marcus spat. 

Regulus sighed. "Don't make you hex you, Warrington," he said annoyed.

"Oh, yeah?" Marcus said challengingly. "Fine! I'd like to see you try,"

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Regulus said, frowning deeply. He had never seen Marcus behave like this. 

Marcus scoffed and turned around, marching out of the dormitory. But Regulus flicked his wand and silver binds fell around Marcus and he was dragged back into the dormitory.

"Tell me," Regulus said, throwing Marcus onto his bed, still in his binds. 

"Black, you better let me go this instant!" Marcus barked. 

"Not until you tell me," Regulus said, crossing his arms. 

"I swear I'll bash your head into the wall, you bastard," Marcus yelled, struggling at his bonds. 

"I'll let you go if you tell me and then I'll let you bash me or whatever," Regulus said dismissively.

Marcus stopped struggling. 

"You'll let me hex you if I tell you?" he said. When Regulus nodded vaguely, Marcus started laughing. 

"You have to keep your promise," he said sitting straighter. "I'll hex you without mercy. I've wanted for a long time now,"

"What the hell, Warrington?" Regulus snapped, baffled and annoyed that Marcus was dancing around the topic without telling him what all this was about. 

"Just tell me, damnit," Regulus hissed. "I can stand here all day until you tell me. Or should I use Veritaserum? I'm going to make sure tha you tell me what's troub—"

"I was jealous!" Marcus bellowed, cutting Regulus off.

"What?" Regulus blurted, dropping his hands to his sides. 

"What are you jealous for?" he said. "Is it Quidditch? But you never tried out. You should try—"

"Shut up!" Marcus snapped, cutting Regulus off again. "And take these things off, so that I can punch you,"