Chapter 97

Isabella wasn't in the best of moods that morning, and by the looks of it, neither was Warrington.

Isabella had to stay up at night finishing all her homework that she couldn't do because of Black and his situation. 

And when she finally went to sleep, she had an irritating conversation with that voice which told her that there was something she had forgotten and repeated the same sentence in over fifteen different ways.

And then she woke up with a headache.

Warrington didn't look like he slept at all.

"Take him," he said, pushing his open bag forward. "Take him and throw him into a fire for all I care,"

"I hope you get well soon, Warrington," Isabella said as she peered into the bag. 

Black was sleeping soundly.

"He is the spawn of satan," Warrington said, glaring at the cat. "Woke me up in the middle of the night, because he wanted to use the loo but couldn't reach the door. Then he needed help to get onto the toilet,"

Warrington's voice was rising in pitch, as his frustration threatened to overwhelm him.

"I thought that'd be it and went back to sleep, when I heard a loud splash and cursing and screaming. The idiot fell in!"

"Oh, dear," Isabella said wincing slightly. "Was he alright?"

"I had half a thought of letting him drown," Warrington grumbled. "Then I had to dry his 'shirt' because he couldn't do without it. Anyway, I didn't sleep a wink last night. And look at that sick fuck, snoozing happily. Oh, if I could give him a good kick up his—" 

Warrington demonstrated the action and made a violent gesture with his fist. Isabella smiled weakly. 

"Shouldn't you wake him up now?" Isabella asked.

"Yeah, I should," Warrington said, pulling himself to his full height. "Hold the bag for me," he told Isabella. 

Isabella did as she was told and took the bag from Warrington. Slowly, the boy put one hand into the bag. 

Then to Isabella's shock, he grabbed Black by his tail and yanked him out. The cat gave a loud yowl and woke up.

"You fucking arse!" Black bellowed. 

"Deserved it," Warrington said grumpily.

Isabella held her hands out and Warrington dropped the cat into her arms.

"Right, you don't have to carry him much," Warrington told her. "He can walk now,"

"Oh," Isabella said looking down. "Is that so?"

"Practised all night," Black yawned. "What did Slughorn say?"

Isabella sighed sadly.

"He asked to wait for a couple more days," she said. "And he's started to turn to drinking as a way to relieve his stress,"

"Great," Warrington said sarcastically. "Well done, Regulus. You've turned someone into an alcoholic,"

"Shut up, Warrington, I'll scratch you," Black threatened.

The loud bell rang through the castle.

"Breakfast, then," Warrington sighed.

"Warrington," Isabella called. "You'll have to collect Black in the evening early. I have Quidditch practice. I can't keep him,"

"Stop talking about me like I'm a cat," Black snarled.

"Right, I've got you," Warrington said, with a small grin.