Chapter 82

When Isabella left for London, two weeks into the summer holidays, she was very excited to go. Rather because she was eager to be in between magic again. She loved her father and their home, but she missed the wizarding world.

Every time she felt like this, Isabella would take to either cleaning her room, or just helping out in the shop, doing any mundane task the muggle-way.

She didn't want it escalating and having herself think that wizards are better. Something to bring her back to earth. 

Isabella had arrived at the Leaky Cauldron at noon and she went straight to her room, then came downstairs for lunch.

After that, she set off to Gringotts. 

And that was a riot. She didn't have a guardian, and her guardians was a muggle. So did she have any assurance or anything of that sort, since she was to open a vault under her name, and she happened to be underaged, that is where all the problem began. 

Rather put out, Isabella just exchanged her muggle money for wizarding coins and slouched back to Leaky Cauldron. 

The next morning, she went to Ollivanders.

"Good morning," Isabella said.

"Good morning, dear," Ollivander sighed as he arranged the wands into boxes. ". . .You are in your fifth year, aren't you?"

Isabella nodded.

"And you are still taking all twelve subjects?" Ollivander said. 

Isabella nodded again.

The wandmaker sighed. "You do realise how stressful all of this is going to be? Especially with it being your O.W.L.s?"

"I can manage it just fine, Mr Ollivander," Isabella said calmly. She had been reassuring people, and saying that she would be fine like a broken record. 

"If you say so," Ollivander said. ". . .Well start with wand cores and their combinations with the wand woods,"

Isabella moved to the desk at the back of the shop excitedly. 

Everything was going just fine, then one day Isabella got a letter by owl, and then her day became better.

When Isabella took the letter and sent the owl off, she was sitting at Ollivanders.

"The school lists are out already?" Ollivander asked.

"It is not from Hogwarts," Isabella said as she examined the 'WW' sign. She slit the envelope open and took the letter out before reading. 

As her eyes travelled across the page, with every word she took in, her grin only got wider, until she was left laughing. 

"What is it?" Ollivander said. "It's not the Daily Prophet, is it? Have they caught on to your little game?"

Isabella shook her head, as she stifled her laughter by clamping a hand over her mouth. 

"Witch Weekly," she managed to gasp. "They want me to write for the magazine. A bit more elaborate, because apparently, people like reading that,"

"Good Merlin," Ollivander sighed. "People here will believe anything,"

Isabella was already pulling out a parchment, chuckling lightly. It was hilarious. Why did people even believe in horoscopes? 

Well, it was obvious the publishing companies would be going for the money that comes with more people reading it. . .But this was so ridiculous, it was hilarious.