Chapter 77

Isabella found herself in the common room, more often as usual. She had tried to leave countless times but she would always be stopped. 

Sirius and James would bring out all sorts of wizarding games, and Isabella had taken a liking to Wizarding Chess. The other ones were still in a neutral zone for her, she didn't like, nor dislike any of them. . .except Exploding Snaps, she didn't like those in the least. 

She supposed it was obvious, because Remus asked her about it and Isabella had replied with a, "I don't like loud noises,"

And to her surprise, she noticed that every time she was in the common room, the place would considerably be quieter. Then she realised that Remus had just asked Sirius, James and Peter to shut up for a bit and that they made half the noise in the common room. 

Isabella had no idea what Black was planning, or if Warrington was actually doing it for another reason, so she still remained suspicious of his advances. She'd run into Warrington in the library countless times. And at first, he would try to strike up a conversation, but slowly, he stopped that, much to Isabella's relief. 

It must have something to do with Black, because there was no reason why Warrington would bother with her. 

But today, the library was a bit quiet and she hadn't seen Warrington anywhere. 

Isabella placed her bag on a seat to save it and then went to get her books. 

When she returned, however, she found Remus sitting at the other end of the table. He looked up when he saw her approaching and gave her a weak smile. 

"I didn't know you were sitting here," Isabella said. "I can leave if you want,"

"No, it's fine," Remus said, shaking his head. "You won't be much trouble. I've managed to study with those three around," he said with a half shrug. 

Isabella nodded and took her seat. 

They were sitting on either ends of the table. Isabella wouldn't have been able to study properly in another person's presence, and she didn't want to disturb Remus if that was the case with him too. He had his O.W.L.s and those tests were really important. 

Isabella glanced at Remus out of the corner of her eye. He looked exhausted and frail. Well, it was rather obvious. The full moon was only two days ago. It was incredible how he managed to get back on his feet soon. . .whereas Isabella would be unconscious for days because of a bludger! 

Isabella flushed in embarrassment. Even thinking about it made her sick.

. . .Wait!

Isabella pulled her bag towards her and moved the books away to look for something. She was sure she had a chocolate bar in her bag, from the last Hogsmeade visit. She hadn't gotten a chance to eat it yet. But Remus needed it more than her. She wasn't the one who had to become a werewolf forcibly every month. 

Remus looked up when he saw a thick, folded piece of parchment being pushed towards him. 

He turned to look at Isabella questioningly. She just gave a small nod and then returned to her work. 

Curiously, he took the parchment. It was heavier than parchment. . .He unfolded it and a bar of Honeydukes chocolate slid out and fell on the table. 

Then he noticed the writing on the parchment. 

'You looked tired and I thought this would benefit you more than me. But please hide it from Madam Pince, she doesn't like food in the library.
-Isabella'