Chapter 191

Isabella jumped slightly when she felt two arms wrap around her from the back, then relaxed realising that it was just Regulus.

"You are up early," she said, filling the kettle with water and moving towards the stove.

"Yes," Regulus said kissing her neck softly. "Good morning,"

"Good morning to you too, Regulus," Isabella said pleasantly. 

"What is it today?" Regulus said, letting her free to do her work.

"Mint," Isabella chimed. "I've wanted to try it for long,"

She turned around to face Regulus as the water boiled on the stove.

"Is there something you wanted?" she asked.

"Yes," Regulus nodded and then cleared his throat before giving his wand a short wave. 

A bunch of gardenias burst into being in his hand and he handed them to Isabella.

"Thank you," she smiled taking them and looking around for a vase.

"Could you conjure a vase too?" she asked. "Or, I'll just go upstairs. . .It's been a while since you've given me flowers, is there something special?"

"Obviously," Regulus droned. "And can you follow me outside?"

Isabella glanced at the kettle, then nodded. Regulus took her hand and led her out of the kitchen, and out into the backyard. 

The soft early morning sun rays fell on the grass, making the dew shimmer like pearls.

"You are going to get down on one knee, aren't you?" Isabella said, looking away from the light blue sky to Regulus, who had just hitched up his trousers.

"You could have pretended you didn't know that," Regulus snapped at her.

"Sorry," Isabella said, hiding her smile promptly.

"But did I really make it that obvious?" Regulus said with a sigh.

"Yes," Isabella nodded. 

Regulus grumbled under his breath. 

"Whatever, I'm still doing it," he said and then lowered himself down onto one knee. 

"Are you going to say something cheesy right now?" Isabella asked when he fished for a box in his pockets and cleared his throat.

"No," Regulus huffed. "I'm just giving you a proper proposal,"

"It was proper last time," Isabella said. Regulus rolled his eyes and opened the little box.

"How was that a proper proposal?" he scoffed. "I just suggested that we get married and you said fine. That was no proposal,"

"As long as the message was conveyed," Isabella shrugged. 

"That's like saying if you are staying together, you need not get married," Regulus argued.

"Yes, that is exactly what it is," Isabella said. "The main thing is that the love is still there. Does it matter if you are married?"

"Yes, it does," Regulus snapped. "Now, shush, I have things to say. Don't worry it will be short and the kettle won't blow itself up either,"

"Alright," Isabella chuckled as he cleared his throat again and held up the ring. 

It was the strangest engagement she had seen. It was a black stone that was set into the silver band. 

"Are you going to say something cheesy?" she said again.