Chapter 152

The school was left in confusion. 

It was only a couple of days ago that the teachers were visibly panicking over the attacks and everyone was certain that the school would be shut down. 

But suddenly, as though the past few months had never happened, everything went back to normal. 

People who wanted to check the message left by the Heir of Slytherin were heavily disappointed when they found out that it had been cleaned away. 

And answers were something that everyone was looking for. 

For a few days, the school board governors would rush in and out of the school and all the owls that were held back suddenly reached the parents, who sent frantic responses back, not knowing why the mail was delayed in the first place.

The fifth and seventh years had to prepare for their exams as usual and revision continued in full effect. 

The summer days were sunny and bright, and Hogwarts had returned to its usual state.

 The Marauders, Lily and Regulus visited the hospital wing every single day. 

And it took Isabella three whole days to regain consciousness. 

Once she was what she considered a 'stable' state and what Madam Pomfrey did not agree to, only then was she filled in on everything that had happened. 

"Miss Jefferson is asleep now, you should leave," Madam Pomfrey said sternly at the five of them who were collected around the place.

". . .And," she said hesitantly. "Where is Mr Black?"

"I'm here," Sirius said, confused as to why the matron would ask such a question.

"Your brother," Madam Pomfrey pressed. 

"I'm here too," Regulus said, moving the Invisibility cloak to show his face. 

Whenever they set out as a group, James gave the cloak to Regulus, since seeing him together would raise suspicions.

Madam Pomfrey looked taken aback at this, but then sighed. 

"Of course," she said. "I was wondering why you weren't here yet. Now I see, that you've been visiting all along,"

Regulus flushed slightly and put the cloak on again.

"Well, they are best friends," Sirius teased.

"We are not," Regulus' voice said, annoyed. 

"Remember?" James said. "Little Izzy used to hate Regulus so much, that she'd get all angry just when we mentioned his name?"

"Ooh, yes," Sirius nodded excitedly. "Every match against Slytherin, her main concern was slaughter the other team, otherwise she's all chill,"

Regulus didn't say anything. He wasn't all too different from that either. He too looked forward to obliterating 'Jefferson' at every possible situation.

"Don't you have an exam tomorrow?" Regulus asked the sixth years.

"Yep," Sirius said. "Transfiguration,"

"Then you should go study," Madam Pomfrey chided and then proceeded to shoo them all away.

Once the hospital wing was empty again, she closed the doors and went back to her office. 

But not before saying, "You can take the cloak off now, Mr Black,"

Regulus sheepishly removed the invisibility cloak and sat down on the chair beside Isabella's bed.