Chapter 110

Regulus knelt to the ground, and threw her arm over his shoulder, before picking Jefferson up. 

He was going to Slughorn. Hopefully, he had the antidote left. Otherwise, he was just going to keep hexing her until he was sure that there was no more amortentia left and the effects of the potion had worn off. 

Slughorn opened the door to his office when he heard a sharp knock. And he saw Regulus standing outside, Isabella unconscious in his arms.

"I had to stun her," Regulus said when the old professor let them into his office.

"It was getting dangerous," Regulus said and lowered Jefferson onto a chair. He caught her head, just before it lolled around and placed it on the table slowly. 

Then he drew away and let out a groan of relief. 

"I gave her the antidote, sir," he said exasperatedly. "And she threw it into the lake!"

Slughorn sighed. 

"Is there any more of the potion left, sir?" Regulus asked. "The antidote and amortentia,"

"I did think this would happen," Slughorn said wearily and shuffled over to his chest of drawers before bringing out a huge flask which Regulus supposed was the antidote.

"Isabella is a very determined and smart person," he said as he transferred some into a goblet of water. 

"She would be careful, since she knew that she had taken a love potion,"

Regulus facepalmed. If he hadn't told her that she had taken the wretched potion, all this might have been easier.

"What about amortentia, sir?" Regulus said. "She threatened to keep taking the potion. And even give me some if it took that,"

Slughorn tutted sadly. 

"Fortunately, I've destroyed the batch you made yesterday," he said. Regulus let out a sigh of relief. 

"How much longer will it take for the effects to wear off?" the potions master asked. 

"Assuming that she is right," Regulus muttered looking at his watch. "Three more hours until six o'clock,"

Regulus slumped down in the other chair in front of Slughorn's desk, and closed his eyes. He was exhausted. 

Jefferson was going to be really mad that he stunned her. But he did it for her own good. 

"It was a nightmare, sir," Regulus muttered. "A nightmare,"

Slughorn smiled bracingly at him. 

Time ticked by and hours flew past. 

Regulus kept glancing at his watch every two seconds, and then he would look at Jefferson. 

"You can leave if you want, Regulus," Slughorn said kindly. 

"Yes, sir," Regulus said vaguely, not having heard what the professor had said. He was busy conjuring a cushion. 

He lifted Jefferson's head slightly, and pushed the cushion on the table, before lowering her head back onto the soft cushion this time. 

Slughorn shook his head with a small chuckle. 

Three hours went past, and then four and then five. But Jefferson was still unconscious. And now, Regulus was starting to get worried.