Chapter 187

"Izzy!"

And before she could so much as react, she had disapparated. 

Then she felt something grab her arm, and the next second, they were standing under the shade of a large tree on a green field.

Sirius blinked. Then he realised it wasn't a field. It was a graveyard.

Then he saw the white church's back, casting shadows in the afternoon. 

". . .Where are we?" Sirius asked, straightening.

"I'm here to visit my parents' graves," Isabella said. "And I suppose there is something you have to say since you decided to come along on my trip,"

"Do you mind waiting?" 

"No, no," Sirius said hurriedly. "Take your time,"

"I really will take my time," Isabella said simply and left his side, heading towards the headstones. 

Sirius stood away, awkwardly, not wanting to intrude and wondering if it was wrong to not pay his respects since he was there.

Isabella navigated her way through the headstones, then stooped at one place. She conjured a wreath of flowers and placed them on the headstone, then she stood there, head bent. 

. . .For a very long time. 

"I did say I would take my time," she said when she returned.

"Yeah, no problem," Sirius said sheepishly.

"I think it is better to go inside," Isabella said and started walking towards the church.

"I didn't know you were religious," Sirius said, looking around.

"I'm not," Isabella said. "I just come here to visit my parents' graves. I didn't think you could stand around for so long,"

"Hey, I'm fit," Sirius said indignantly. When Isabella didn't give much of a reaction, he asked another question.

"Is this where you come all the time?" he asked.

"Yes," Isabella answered. "I find I can keep my head at bay here. . .apparently, coming back from the dead has some lasting, unpleasant consequences,"

"You had a nightmare yesterday," Sirius said as they entered the silent, empty cathedral. He dropped his voice instinctively. 

"We all heard you screaming,"

"Yes, must be what brought Regulus running into the room," Isabella nodded, trying not to think about the previous night's incidents. 

"You alright, now?" Sirius asked.

"Better," Isabella answered shortly and slipped into a seat at the back, facing the altar.

"You said you aren't religious," Sirius said when she clasped her hands together.

"I'm not," Isabella said simply. "But I don't see why I don't have to pay respects to a place I came to. I just respect the religion and the tradition, so I'm compiling,"

"You're so weird, Izzy," Sirius said, sitting down beside her. 

Isabella placed her arms on her knees and stared ahead. 

She would usually be outside, at the cemetery. She hadn't really been inside the church, and it was the first time she was looking around properly.

"What is it that you have to tell me?" she asked.

"Just. . .we were all worried where you were going," Sirius said. "You could have told us,"