A vs B

I rolled my neck and stretched my body, excited for the training ahead. Most everyone was wearing their new cold weather hero outfits since the change in weather. My costume was still the same as before.

"Won't you get cold with your arms exposed?" Ashido asked as she poked at the skin between my sleeves and gauntlets.

Giggling I shook my head, "no, if I get cold I can just warm myself up with my quirk. The one we should worry about is Hagakure."

"Yeah aren't you cold?" Jiro asked looking at the invisible girl's gloves and boots.

"Totally freezing!" Hagakure answered in her typical cheery tone.

"I like your cape," I told Momo as I ran my fingers over it.

"Thank you," Momo smiled. "It's very warm."

"And soft," I added with a chuckle.

"All of our costumes have changed considerably since the school year began," Iida commented.

"I can't believe you made it through the summer in yours, Iida," Sato said adjusting his mask.

"You've got a new look too Kacchan!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Huhh?!" Katsuki wheeled around to face him. "If you've got a problem with it then say it to my face you damn nerd!"

"Your costume must guard against the cold while generating heat," Midoriya began to ramble. "Since your sweat glands serve as wearing it makes sense, what a great modification."

"I don't want your praise!" Katsuki ground his teeth.

"I think you look cool," I smiled at him.

"Shut up damn Snowflake," Katsuki snapped irritated, but it only made me giggle.

"You've got the most upgrades," Ojiro said to Midoriya. "Those gloves are recent right?"

"I need to to keep up with my abilities, but yeah the gloves are pretty awesome," Midoriya explained. "This is actually my second pair. Hatsume modified them so they could take more of a beating."

Suddenly Uraraka exclaimed, "get out!" Startling me, making Katsuki laugh at how I jumped. I smacked him on the chest for teasing me.

"Slacking off are we?" Monoma said as he and his class arrived. "Is that your way of underestimating us?"

"They're here!" Kirishima said. "We aren't underestimating anyone, just excited!"

"That so?" Monoma questioned. "Well things are going our way now. Listen up class A! Today is the day we settle this rivalry!" He began to grow more excited as he showed off a survey from the culture festival. "We won by two votes! You've been hogging the spotlight since school started but those days are over! Today is A vs B our first joint training! We're gonna- urghh..." he was suddenly cut off when Shota wrapped his binging cloth around his throat to get him to stop talking.

"Be quiet," Shota said as he pulled the cloth back, sending Monoma sputtering.

"We've got a special guest today," Vlad said.

"So don't make fools of yourselves," Shota said.

As the rest of the class began to wonder, an excited bubble filled my throat, could it be?

"He's hoping to transfer to the hero course," Shota continued, "it's Hitoshi Shinso from class C of general studies."

A delighted squeak escaped my lips and Shoto looked at me with a curious look. I smiled brightly at him which made him smile back. I was so happy to see that Shinso was getting his chance to prove himself for the hero course.