A Girl Named Eri

***Authors Note! This has manga spoilers! Just a warning!***

"I accept him," Sir said, standing over a confused Midoriya.

"Nice going, Midoriya!" Togata said, giving him a thumbs up.

"Huh? B-but I failed," Midoriya stammered.

"While I did tell you to steal my seal and stamp the form, I never said I would reject you if you failed to do so," Sir explained.

"You did it, you made Sir laugh," Togata grinned and I smiled at Midoriya who still seemed confused.

"Your placement here was decided the moment I heard you were coming," Sir said, leaning closer to Midoriya. "I knew all along that you wouldn't be completely useless to me. But, I still hadn't accepted you. Now that the people are without their symbol, they don't need a small spark, but a bright shining light. Even if it goes against his will, you will gain the experience in this pro hero office that will make you very aware of who is best suited for that power." With that said Sir dropped the seal into Midoriya's hand.

"Thank you Sir!" Midoriya said with determination. He held the seal and stamped his form, just like Sir wanted him to do.

Once we got back to the dorms I pulled Midoriya aside, "how come you had to do a practical? Also what was with his speech about that power?" I asked him.

Midoriya bit his lip, hesitating, "well you know how All Might gave me his power right?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well Sir Nighteye doesn't think that I deserve One For All, he thinks that it should have gone to Togata," Midoriya explained. "I think that's why he accepted me, so that way I will give up my power to Togata."

"Could you really do that?" I blinked in surprise. I really didn't know anything about that power except that it could be passed on.

"Yeah, if I intentionally decide to," Midoriya said.

"Well All Might chose you for a reason right?" I said after a moment. "And even if Sir doesn't really accept you, you can show him that All Might thinks you are worth something right? If anything you can still learn what it means to be a hero from him, regardless about your quirk."

Midoriya looked up in surprise. "Yeah, you're right. I'm gonna give it my all! I'm really glad we can do our work study together too."

"Yeah me too," I smiled at him.

The next day we met up with Togata, Sir, and Bubble Girl. We were dressed in our hero costumes since it was technically the first day of our work study. "Today we will be patrolling and monitoring," Sir said. "I will take Bubble Girl. Mirio, Midoriya, and Shichi will work as a unit."

"Monitoring?" Midoriya asked.

"The Nighteye Agency is working on a secret investigation," Bubble Girl said.

"A small organized crime group called Shie Hassaikai," Sir said holding out a picture. There was a picture of a young man wearing a plague mask. "Their young head, Chisaki, has been making some strange moves recently. The plague mask is his trademark."

"Yakuza?" I asked inspecting the picture of Chisaki. "I thought their kind was keeping quiet these days."

"Well they dispersed way back when, but Chisaki is gathering forces for some reason," Bubble Girl explained. "He even made contact with the League of Villains. Although we aren't sure of the details."

"Really? The League of Villains?" Midoriya asked, surprised.

"We've acquired no evidence of any wrong doing though," Sir said. "So we can't treat the Hassaikai people as full fledged villains. The Nighteye Agency seeks concrete evidence of criminal activity while being careful not to attract attention."