Ready, Set, Go

"The sports festival is fast approaching," Shota said, surprising almost everyone by how casual he was being. It seemed that they expected something horrific from him, not that I blame them. Shota tended to be overly serious.

"Are you sure? What with the recent attack," Kirishima asked. It was a little shocking that they were continuing to hold the festival.

"It's necessary," Shota said cooly. "This will give UA a chance to demonstrate that the crisis management protocols are sound. This year there will be five times the amount of police presence compared to previous years. This isn't an event that can be canceled because of some villains."

"There will be pro heroes scouting as well," Momo said raising her hand.

"Exactly," Shota nodded. "Of course you will gain valuable experience should you be picked up by a popular agency. Back before quirks the olympics were a big thing. However now, as far as Japan goes, the UA sports festival replaces that," he explained. "This happens once a year so you have three chances to prove yourself."

The rest of the morning classes flew by and around lunch time we were all eager for the sports festival. People began chatting amongst themselves while I walked over to where Iida and Midoriya were standing. I felt like I owed them an apology for ignoring them over the last two days but they seemed understanding. Uraraka on the other hand was too serious about the festival, she had a scary face of determination that made us all laugh and want to do our best.

As we walked down the stairs to the lunch room Midoriya spoke up, "that's right! Uraraka, I never asked you, why you want to become a hero?"

Uraraka blushed and scratched her head, "for the money. I know it's embarrassing but that's the reason."

Her honesty left us slightly stunned. "There's nothing wrong with that," I said after a moment.

"Shichi is right!" Iida nodded. "Wanting a more comfortable lifestyle is perfectly admirable."

"Well truth be told, my family owns a construction company," Uraraka explained. "Business isn't very good right now and we are flat broke."

"If you got permission to use your quirk I'm sure you could help cut costs back," Midoriya pointed out.

"I know right!" Uraraka nodded in agreement. "When I asked to help them they told me to follow my own dream. So I want to become a hero so I can give my parents a comfortable life."

"That is truly honorable!" Iida said what seemed to be on our minds.

Before we could say anything more All Might rounded the corner, "ah young Midoriya! I've been looking for you. Will you have lunch with me?"

"Uh, yea sure." Midoriya stammered giving us a quick wave goodbye.

Iida, Uraraka and I blinked in surprise at what just happened before shrugging and heading to get lunch. While we were waiting in line to get food Uraraka asked, "I wonder what he wanted with Deku."

"Maybe it's cause he and Midoriya have similar quirks," I shrugged. "If Midoriya is struggling with his quirk maybe All Might is training him."

"Possibly," Iida rubbed his chin. "You and Midoriya rushed in to help at the USJ right? Maybe it's about that."

"Could be," I shrugged and grabbed some ramen.

"Did Mr. Aizawa get mad at you?" Uraraka asked as we sat down.

"Not really mad, more annoyed I guess," I said poking at my noodles. "He said it was reckless."

"I agree with him," Iida said seriously. "Why do you want to be a hero Shichi?"