Endeavor

Endeavor had officially been named the number one Pro Hero. I wasn't sure if he would become the same pillar that All Might had been but he did seem to have changed over the months. He seemed like he wanted to become a better father for Shoto, although Shoto didn't seem so sure yet.

I sat next to Shoto quietly while our classmates talked about the rankings. I reached over and held Shoto's hand. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye but he didn't say anything. I could tell he had something regarding Endeavor on his mind. I figured the best thing I could do was to just support him, even if it was silently.

After a while he turned to me, "want to work on assignments together?"

"Sure," I nodded with a smile.

We began to work for a little while but then a news broadcast caught our attention.

"The building is about to come down!" The news reporter exclaimed. We could see other heroes rushing into action but there weren't enough of them to save the people inside and the people on the ground.

A small gasp escaped my lips as I covered my mouth with my hands. What was happening? Where was the villain responsible? I could feel my heart pounding and my mind racing. Just then I noticed something. People were being pulled out of the building by bright red feathers. That could only mean one thing. Hawks was on the scene.

While people were being pulled from the building we could finally see the cause. In the sky, where the building was collapsing, there was a flying, jet black Nomu. This one looked different than the others. It had a hooded face, rather than having its brain exposed. Next to the Nomu was a raging fire. Fire that came from the number one hero, Endeavor.

The top building was sliding off, threatening to kill everyone below it. Strings made from fire came from Endeavor. The building was cut into smaller chunks. These would be easier for people to avoid and for the heroes below to handle.

Something happened with the Nomu. Somehow it created more Nomu, the smaller, white Nomu, and sent them to the other heroes. It made me wonder if the Nomu was making decisions.

In the sky Endeavor began to glow even brighter. The Nomu had elongated arms trying to reach the hero.

"There! Do you see him folks?!" The news reported exclaimed. "It's Endeavor! He's ignited violently!"

A massive burst of flames came from Endeavor, swallowing the Nomu whole. I held my breath, hoping and waiting to see if it was over. Before I could get my hopes too high something awful happened.

A piece of the Nomu had survived. Two large spikes came from the piece and sliced Endeavor across his face and stabbed his side. A small yelp came from my mouth as we watched the hero fall.

"Shoto," I turned to him. My other classmates did the same.

"Todoroki!" Midoriya and Kirishima exclaimed.

Shoto didn't say anything. He was completely stunned. A small flame burned off his left side. His fists were clenched along with his jaw. He was shaking a bit, staring intently at the television.

I moved closer to him to where our arms were almost touching. The truth was I didn't know how to help him. I was just as shocked as he and everyone else.

A building collapsed where Endeavor had fallen, thanks to the villain. Somehow the Nomu was able to regenerate its entire form. A helicopter gave an aerial view of the situation.

"That's right, folks. This single villain appeared out of nowhere and is now destroying the city!" The news reporter said. "While this is unconfirmed, we are hearing about a horde of engineered Nomu as well! Heroes are on the scene, either engaged in combat or assisting with evacuation! But Endeavor was the first to act and now he's..." there was a pause that seemed to last forever.