Stand By

After the meeting with Sir, Hado, Amajiki, Togata, Midoriya, Tsu, Uraraka, Kirishima, and I all sat together to talk. Midoriya, Togata, and I were still sullen from the prior meeting with the pros. Learning about what could be happening to Eri now was almost unbearable. Also the fact that If we had saved her that day then none of this would be happening.

"You guys must really be hurting," Kirishima looked over at us.

"Deku," Uraraka said softly.

Suddenly the elevator dinged and Shota came out. "Holding an all night vigil are you?"

"Mr. Aizawa!" Tsu exclaimed.

"You guys can call me Eraserhead outside of school," Shota put a hand up. "Anyways, I was planning on talking to you guys about ending your work studies today."

"What?! Why now?!" Kirishima stood up.

"You heard about how the League of Villains might be involved. It's a whole different ball game now," Shota said simply.

I slammed my hands on the table and stood up. "That's not fair, Shota!" I snapped at him. "I don't care if they might be involved or not. I wanna save Eri!"

Shota sighed and patted my head, "I figured you would say that." I blinked at him confused by his reaction but he turned his attention to Midoriya. "You still haven't earned my trust back. Unfortunately if I were to cut you off now it's all but guaranteed that you would leap into action anyway. So I will watch over both you and Kanna. Let's try and do things right this time, Midoriya. Understand you little troublemaker?"

"Hey Mirio, keep your head up," Amajiki said timidly.

"I get it Togata," Hado joined in. "You've got regrets so you're feelin low, but that's just how it is sometimes."

"Yeah," Togata said softly.

"If it makes you feel better, when you reached out with those hands to help Eri, even though you failed, I bet it gave her some hope," Shota said glancing at me and Togata as well. "So pick yourself up."

"Yes sir!" Midoriya exclaimed. "I'll follow you to the ends of the earth Eraserhead!"

"No need to go that far," Kirishima chuckled.

"Oh sorry!" Midoriya flushed.

"Pipe down Kirishima," Tsu said.

"Shota," I bit my lip and hugged him. I buried my face in his chest, "thank you."

He rubbed my back and put his hands on my shoulders. He gave me a soft smile as I pulled away from him. "With that said, the big three are on par with the pros, maybe even better. But the five of you will have more reduced roles," Shota explained. "Asui, Kirishima, Uraraka, you three aren't exactly here because you volunteered. What do you think?"

Uraraka stood up with determination on her face. "Mr. Aiza-- I mean Eraserhead, after hearing a story like that, there's no way I'm backing down!"

"If you are giving us permission, Eraser, then I'd like to contribute anyway I can," Tsu said with a ribbit. "No one should hurt a little girl and get away with it."

"If there's anything at all we can do to help that girl then we'll do it, Eraserhead!" Kirishima said knocking his fists together.

"Just looking at the first years in this meeting makes it clear that the pros must respect them," Amajiki said. "Especially compared to me, they show a ton of promise."

"You never miss a chance to take a shot at yourself do ya, Amajiki," Hado teased.

"I just needed to make sure you all are good," Shota nodded approvingly. "It's fine as long as you understand this; the goal of the mission is to rescue Eri. We can't make it anything more than that. The looming threat of the League of Villains is our biggest concern. According to Nighteye and the police they're not active partners in all this which means there's a low chance of running into them when we start investigating, but on the off chance we are wrong about that and the mission involves them fighting as well then that's where your roles end. Especially you Kanna."