School Festival

A week had passed since Eri visited the school. During class Kirishima and I went over to Ashido. We told her how we had come up with a plan to move Aoyama around the dance floor. We decided that the other students would get bored if he remained in one place. Ashido understood and knew the perfect person for the job.

"Midoriya, you're off the dance team," Ashido said when he entered the class.

"Huhh?!" Midoriya exclaimed, shocked from the sudden change.

"We need your help on the stage crew," I told him.

"But why me?" Midoriya asked. "I promised Eri I'd be dancing on stage."

"Aoyama is gonna be reaching all over the dance floor, but we don't have a rig to make that happen. So we need someone strong to do the job," I explained.

Aoyama gave a flourish of his hands. "My transformation from dancer to disco ball will occur at the start," he said. "My new laser buffet technique can be controlled over distances. It's a task tailored for moi!"

"Ideally Midoriya would then break away from the dancers to assist," Ashido added.

"Oh, so my time on the dance floor is just gonna be really short?" Midoriya rubbed his chin in thought.

"Sorry dude!" Kirishima put his hands together apologetically. "It sucks that all your practicing is going to be for nothing, but we could really use the help!"

"It'll make the whole production that much better," I said, nodding to Kirishima.

"Alright, as long as I get to dance a little," Midoriya agreed. "I can still keep my promise to Eri."

"Thank you so much!" Kirishima and I said at the same time.

Over the next few days I continued trying to help the stage crew with planning as well as getting ready for the beauty pageant. In the end I had to step down from the stage crew, since I was becoming overwhelmed. The others were understanding and told me to do my best in the beauty pageant.

After school I worked with some business course students Shota found to start getting my costume ready. The three students who were helping me were all very nice and understanding. Since my class was busy with preparing the concert none of them were free to help me.

"I think we could add small blue flowers to her hair," one of the students, Akihiko, said. She continued, "maybe roses?"

Hayami rubbed his chin in thought, "that might be a good idea. The roses would really stand out in her white hair."

"Shichi, how do you feel about being barefoot?" Ezume asked. She was looking through different types of sandals. "We can add bells to your ankles."

"That might give it a more magical feel," I nodded. "Also what do you guys think of this design for the kimono?" I held up a piece of white fabric adorned with blue flowers.

"It's simple but elegant," Akihiko looked at the fabric. "It'll match the feel we are going with."

"Shichi, were you planning on using anything other than fire?" Hayami asked.

"I'm not sure. I could probably use my air quirk to give a windblown vibe," I answered.

"That might not be a good idea," Ezume said. "I think using just the fire will be enough."

"Okay," I smiled at them, grateful to have their help.

One evening, after I had finished preparations, I was sitting in my room relaxing when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and was pleasantly surprised to see Shoto standing holding two cups of tea. I let him inside and he handed me a cup.