Intruder

That night Midoriya walked me home and I told him about how All Might saved me. I left out most of the details about how harsh the beatings were and how everyone died in the building collapse. I felt like if he knew I was responsible for all those deaths he might see me in a different light. I did, however, tell him how I spent the first eight years of my life in a lab and that All Might was the first person to show me kindness. He quietly listened to everything I had to say and in the end he said he was sorry I had to go through that. When we got to my home I gave him a hug and thanked him for being my friend. He stammered something similar and that made me laugh.

When Shota came home he sensed something was wrong so I told him everything. I asked if he was upset that I told Midoriya, he shrugged and said something about it being my story. Shota didn't usually get upset about things like this. He did tell me that he reviewed my battle training. He told me things I needed to work on, similar to what All Might had said. I told him about the class knowing about our relationship but he didn't seem to care.

The next morning Shota woke me up before he left, "Kanna I have a meeting this morning. Will you be okay getting to school?"

"Yea, I'll be fine. Did you eat?" I asked, sometimes when he was rushing he wouldn't actually make anything.

"Don't worry about me I have something," Shota said. "Don't stay in bed too long, and don't be late."

"I'm getting up now," I sighed climbing out of bed. I gave him a quick hug goodbye and I went to make something to eat.

Since it was just myself I made a quick bowl of soup with some dumplings on the side. I kept thinking about my conversation with Midoriya. I didn't know why I was stressing so much about it, it's not like he was going to tell anyone. He wouldn't do something like that. At least I didn't think he would. I shook my head, telling myself to stop stressing. If I kept this up I would be late for class. Shota would probably single me out in front of everyone. While that would be embarrassing at least it would convince people that I wasn't receiving special treatment, if that's what they were thinking.

I quickly showered, dressed and headed out towards UA. My commute wasn't a long one, about a ten minute walk to the station, two stops and a brief walk to school. Overall about thirty minutes or so. While I was walking up to the entrance I saw a group of people gathering in front. Full of cameras and microphones, they were from the media. Since the announcement that All Might was a teacher here, news outlets had been going crazy. I kept my head down and tried to push passed them.

"Miss can you tell us about All Might?" "What's it like having All Might as a teacher?" "What can you tell us?" I was surrounded by them, all asking me questions about All Might.

"Uhm, I don't know, I need to get to class," I stammered trying to get through.

"You all need to leave the students alone. You are in the way," Shota said coming to mine and the other students rescue.

"Who are you?" A reporter woman asked. "Are you a teacher here?"

"Yes now stop harassing the students. All Might isn't here today," Shota said waving his hand. He gave me a look that told me to get to class and I nodded and hurried along.

As I walked to me desk I passed Bakugo who glared at me, clearly still annoyed I used his move. "Good morning Bakugo," I said cheerfully.

"Hmph," Bakugo turned his head away from me and I continued on.

I gave a quick wave to Midoriya and Momo before sitting down. I let out a sigh and turned to say good morning to Todoroki. "Did those reporters harass you too?" He asked me.

"Yea, they asked me a bunch of questions about All Might. Luckily Mr. Aizawa told them to back off," I explained. It still felt weird calling Shota Mr. Aizawa.