Finishing Moves

"Let the match between Shichi and Iida begin!" Present Mic announced. Before Iida could move I activated my earth quirk, controlling a small amount of dirt. I threw it into his eyes blinding him. He cried out and grabbed at his face. When he dropped his hands he had his eyes closed, covered in dirt he wasn't able to wipe away.

"It was smart of her to blind Iida," Shota said. "Without his sight he will have a hard time moving efficiently."

"Just because I can't see you doesn't mean I'm going to lose," Iida said confidently.

He began to charge his engines, so I took the air away. "Good luck with your engines stalled," I smirked. This was a chance to show off my fighting style, since he couldn't see or move. I ran forward before jumping high into the air. As I came down I brought my leg down straight on Iida. He couldn't block or dodge, giving me another chance to get more hits in. As I landed I swept low, kicking his legs out from under him. As he went down he reached out to grab me. I shot a burst of fire in defense making him recoil.

When he hit the ground his torso was outside of the arena, "Shichi wins!" Mic announced and the crowd cheered.

"Let me help you," I said drawing the dirt from his eyes. "Sorry I went kinda hard on you."

"It's okay," Iida said as we walked out of the ring together. "You are more skilled than I thought."

"You are too," I said. "If I hadn't blinded you, you probably would have beaten me. I honestly didn't know how to deal with your speed."

"You did manage to stall my engines," Iida laughed.

"I didn't really think that would work," I scratched my cheek. "I was just guessing that you need some sort of air flow."

"Well it worked," Iida nodded. "If you excuse me, I would like to call my brother."

"Sure," I nodded and headed up the stairs. I decided not to sit with the others. There were only two more matches before I would have to face Todoroki.

I leaned against the railing, watching the match between Tokoyami and Ashido. Their match ended fairly quickly. Her acid wasn't enough to beat Dark Shadow and he ended up pushing her out of the ring. Up next was Bakugo and Kirishima. Bakugo's blasts didn't seem to be doing very much against Kirishima's hardening.

"Oh Kacchan is fighting?" Midoriya said from behind me. He walked over and stood next to me. One hand was bandaged and the other was in a sling. "I guess I missed your match against Iida."

"Yea you did," I said. "I ended up winning." I quickly explained the matches he missed.

"Well with your fighting style it makes sense. Since you learned from Mr. Aizawa you tend to lean more towards sneak attacks right?" Midoriya asked trying to figure out more.

"It depends on the situation," I shrugged. "It's not good for a pro to only be good at one thing. Anyway, I better go prepare for my match."

"You are facing Todoroki right?" Midoriya turned to me. "Do you have a plan?"

"Sorta, watching your fight with him was useful but we'll see," I said as I walked off to the waiting room.

In the waiting room I paced, trying to calm my nerves. Todoroki was so strong and this wasn't going to be an easy fight. If he used his fire then I could take control of it, but his ice was another issue. Would my flames be hot enough to melt his ice? I could probably cut through it with air but he was so fast at attacking. I took a deep breath, I just needed to relax, no point in stressing about it now. I would just follow my instincts and hope for the best.