Preparations Begin

While we had our extra lessons the rest of the class decided what we would do for the school festival. However they chose something that would be fun, not only for our class but for the rest of the school. We were going to put on an exhibition with dancing and live music. The hope was that the other students would be able to come and blow off some steam. Especially with everything that has happened.

On the last day of our extra classes we came back to the dorm to see that the rest of the class was locked in a discussion on what to do. They caught us up on the plans. Right now they were trying to figure out the band. Somehow they convinced Katsuki to play drums and Momo said she could play piano. Now they were trying to figure out a singer.

"You aren't going to sing?" Uraraka asked Jiro.

Jiro shook her head with a slight blush, "no i'm totally not."

"I can do it!" Aoyama exclaimed. "I can sing and be the disco ball."

"Well I can't play any instruments but I've been known to sing," Kirishima stepped up as well.

Both of them showed off their singing talents but in the end they were both shot down. Hagakure ran up to Jiro and hugged her. "I think you should sing, Jiro! When you were teaching us in your room your singing was super cool!"

Jiro blushed even more, "come on don't make this any harder than it needs to be."

"You should try," I said, giving her a smile. "I'm sure it'll be great!"

"Yeah! Come on, Jiro," Hagakure chimed.

Jiro sighed and stepped up to the microphone. She took a deep breath and began to sing. It was a lovely melody and her voice was almost enchanting. I'd never heard anything so beautiful. Everyone else in the class was in awe of her talent as well. Their faces lit up as she continued her song. When she finally finished she gave a small smile. Everyone was in agreement that Jiro would be the singer of the band. At first she tried to say no but with some encouraging words she agreed. 

"Okay we need two guitarists," Jiro said, moving on to the next thing.

Kaminari grabbed a guitar and strummed the strings. "I'll do it! Playing guitar will be so cool!"

Tokoyami grabbed the other guitar and played a few cords. "I learned some when I was younger," he said.

Eventually the rest of us received our roles as well. The band would be Jiro, Kaminari, Tokoyami, Momo, and Katsuki. The dance crew was made up of Shoji, Sato, Ojiro, Tsu, Hagakure, Aoyama, Uraraka, Midoriya, Ashido, and Iida. Finally the staging crew had myself, Shoto, Sero, Kirishima, and Koda. By the time we had all that figured out it was passed one in the morning so we decided to get to work the next day.

On our day off we broke up into our various groups and began planning. While I was drawing different designs for costumes and the stage background Shoto and Kirishima were talking about how they were going to handle Aoyama. I showed them my sketches for the dancer's costumes and they looked them over.

"You should have Ashido look them over too," Kirishima suggested.

"Alright, I'll go now," I said collecting my papers.

When I walked outside I noticed Mirio and Eri talking to Midoriya. I quickly talked to Ashido about the costumes and handed her the designs before running over to them. Mirio said that he was going to show Eri around the school and wanted to invite Midoriya and I. We both agreed and went to change into our uniforms. I told the rest of the stage crew that I was going to take a small break and they could continue without me.

Once we were ready we met back with Mirio and Eri. "Saturday is usually a day off but because of the dorm system there should be plenty of people around working on projects," Mirio explained to Eri.