Skeletons in the Closet

A few groups of people walked through the large park in the setting sun. The section of grass overlooking the nearby beach was occupied by a small group of UA students standing there as they slowly ate at the sandwiches they were holding. Eight teens were there listening as another spoke.

Midoriya, Yaoyorozu, Mina, Tokoyami, Uraraka, Tsu, and Jiro all sat in silence as Katara told them what had happened after the festival. With Tenya being distant and silent about the situation, they were all curious to what was going on. After explaining what his condition was, a sense of relief came over them knowing he was going to live, but the state he would be in made them all sick to their stomachs.

"Damn, I can't believe it. No wonder you both had to leave the festival." Jiro quietly said.

Tsu gave a small nod. "Yeah. I can see why Iida was quieter than normal. Ribbit."

Tokoyami looked back to Katara and watched her stare out to the crashing waves on the beach, a sense of pain on her face that made himself frown. "I am really sorry that happened. But the fact he is alive is a blessing in itself." he said trying to make her feel better.

It did bring a small smile to her face, looking back and nodding to him. "I know. I was worried that he wasn't going to make it, but he will."

"Yeah, he's still gonna be here. You gotta always look at it like that!" Mina said with a large grin to lighten the mood.

"Y-yeah, exactly!" Midoriya chimed in forcing a smile.

Katara felt better than earlier after she told them what happened, the support they were giving her helping to lighten the pain she felt inside. "Thanks everyone. I appreciate it."

"Ribbit. Now we have to cheer up Iida too." Tsu added, earning a small frown from Momo.

"I think we shouldn't pry on him. If he wants some space we should respect him for that." the taller girl said.

"I can try and talk to him tonight. Everyone needs a little help now and then." Katara peeked passed the group to see Todoroki standing just outside the circle, his eyes catching hers when she said that last statement. He had been silent the entire time since they left school, and was always a few paces behind everyone else. She could see the uneasiness in his stance to even being here, obvious he was not used to just hanging out with others. She couldn't help but chuckle internally to herself.

'Seems like he still needs more help.' She said to herself before looking back to the group around her. "Thanks everyone."

"No problem. Told ya I'd be there when you need it!" Mina smiled and gripped the back of her head. "So tell me, you found a place to intern at?"

Katara's smile fell from her face at the question. "Uhh, actually I haven't looked at my options yet. What about you?"

Mina gave a small shrug. "Well I was offered a spot at Gunhead's agency. Don't really know who that is though."

"Gunhead?" Midoriya's eyes lit up at the name. "He's a hero that specializes in armed combat."

Mina raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Really? Sounds pretty badass."

"I know, I got an offer there too!" Uraraka clenched her fists and threw a punch. "I am going there."

"Oh, really?" Mina gave a thumbs up to the gravity girl. "It would be sweet to go with someone I know. Wonder how many offers I would have got if I beat that Kendo."

"You did lose, but you put up a hell of a fight against that red head," Jiro commented as she sighed. "I figured I'd go with Death arms. I didn't get offers so had to pick from whatever choices they gave us."