Aftermath of the Killer

The alleyway remained silent as the group of teenagers slowly moved around after what had happened. Shoto had managed to find some rope in the nearby piles of trash and used it to restrain the unconscious Stain. Midoriya helped him strip the killer of weapons to keep him from escaping, but in his condition, they didn't expect him to move much. They both cast silent glances to each other the whole time, unsure of what to say after what they had witnessed. They then looked to see Katara slowly walk over to them, her hands covered in water.

"I finished treating Iida and the hero over there. Let me do some of your injuries, please." She quietly said to them, her voice filled with concern.

Even though she was trying to be genuine, the pair of them could sense the uneasiness in her voice. And she felt it as well, her worry far too much at this point to hide any longer. Even as they nodded in silence, Katara couldn't stop her heart from beating faster. Her hands glowed as she worked to mend some of Midoriya's deep lacerations, but her mind was elsewhere, fear coming over her now.

For months she had kept her abilities hidden, to draw less attention to herself so there were less questions about where she came from. Little by little not only her bending techniques, but even that night she arrived, was being revealed to everyone. All of that she could deal with, but tonight she had done something she had regretfully learned and now had once again used. Even if it was to save someone close to her, it still left a cold feeling in her stomach.

What felt worse than that though was the wall of silence she was getting from everyone here. Even worse was the stare she received from Tenya, his eyes filled with pure confusion, almost begging for her to say something. She however had to turn away when she had healed him, unable to look him in the eyes after everything. She now could see why he would be upset at her; This entire time she had known him, so many secrets were kept. They were lies that kept together her story about her life, and now he must truly distrust her. And to be honest... she couldn't blame any of them if they all felt the same way.

"Katara..."

"Huh?" She came out of her thoughts to the sound of her name, looking up to Shoto staring at her.

"You finished already." He said to her.

She looked down to see her hands still over his arms despite the wounds already closed up. "Oh, s-sorry. I was... distracted." She moved her hands towards his palm and started to close up the injury there as well, once again looking away from him. As she finished, she turned to walk away, but suddenly felt Shoto's hand grab her shoulder. She looked back in confusion as he stared at her. "Todoroki, what are-

"You did the right thing using your power." Shoto quickly said to her.

Her heart felt like it stopped beating from the words she just heard. "Wh-what?"

"I don't know what that was, but whatever you did... you did the right thing."

She felt her body stiffen slightly to what she was told. Her mind, however, was in denial, screaming that he was only saying this to hide his uncertainty. She frowned and pulled away, walking away from the others in worry. "I know you are all confused... I didn't want to ever use this power." she grunted out in frustration.

"Katara, wait!" Midoriya yelled as he stood back up, hobbling as his leg was still somewhat injured. "Where are you going?"

"I just... I just need some time, okay?" She sighed and rubbed her arm as she walked down the alley alone, leaving the others staring after her.

"Katara..."

Her name being called caused her to tense up once more, especially to who it was from. She turned back around to see Tenya standing there, his eyes locked on the ground in front of himself. His fists shook at his sides as his breath came in deep gasps. "Why did you do that?"