Moving Forward

Notes: So here a few days after my normal saturday release. Just with remodeling your home... yeah, priorities.

But here a few days early for christmas, so here's a present for you all. Now, I want to clarify a few things: Some people still keep saying how she forgot Aang since they were a couple... well, no. this story took place directly after sozin's comet, meaning they never had time to actually settle down after the war and understand their feelings for one another. and don't worry, i will show the avatar world eventually. But for now... enjoy!

"Focus!"

WHACK!

"OW!" Katara yelped out as the hard leg of Ectoplasm cracked her over the head. Dropping whatever water she was bending as she clutched her head, she glared up at the teacher. "What was that for?!"

"I should be asking you that..." Ectoplasm grunted and lowered his leg back down. "I've asked two questions now without getting a response. Obviously your head is somewhere else."

Katara's mouth fell open to his words, frowning and looking away from the teacher. She had barely been able to keep her thoughts on her training now, far too many things taking over mind. After the revelation she found last night involving Tensei and her powers, she had never expected to learn that Kyoshi had somehow manifested herself inside of her now. A part of the avatar itself had found a way to become a part of her now, which could have made her so excited... but part of her still felt the sadness that came with it as well. Even if she had accepted the fact she was here to stay, it didn't mean it made her sleep any better.

After she finally dried her eyes and brought Tenya and Shoto back into her room, she explained to them the revelation that had come to her, the visions that had been plaguing her mind... and the answer to if she would ever get home. To say they were stunned in silence was an understatement, neither of them knowing what to respond with before she let several more tears free. The only thing they could do was give her the comfort she needed, Tenya embracing her tight bringing a smile to her face. Even Tenya couldn't say anything as Shoto took Katara in his arms as well, knowing it was certainly not the time for his personal feelings to get in her way.

And now, all of those thoughts were swirling in her mind. Sighing out, Katara rubbed her head and nodded. "Sorry. It's just... I had a lot going on last night and couldn't sleep well."

While Ectoplasm was not aware of her visions, he was fully aware of what had happened at the hospital, letting out a small hum and stepping forward. "I understand. It was quite shocking when we got the call, and from what Cementoss and Aizawa told us, it is understandable you're thoughts are troubled now. Both you and Iida are obviously shocked by the good news of his brother."

Hearing his name, Katara glanced towards Tenya at his training session, noticing he was stumbling to keep his balance from exhaustion. He himself barely slept at all, his emotions to high knowing his brother was getting better. "I know. It's just... a lot to take in." she mumbled out and looked back up to Ectoplasm.

"A hero needs to learn even when personal matters occur, they have to keep their focus strong so they can be ready at anytime. But for today... I'll let this one slide." He sighed and nodded her way. "Take it easy and get your costume upgrades for now, but keep thinking about what else can be done for moves. I'll ask Iida if he needs a day as well."

Taking a breath, Katara nodded back and stepped down from her platform, waving her arms and pulling the water back into her storage compartments. She walked through the training arena past her other friends as they continued training, exiting the facility and leaning back against the outside wall. She huffed out as she rubbed her head, working out the tension building up in her mind. After a few moments, she couldn't help but let out a small chuckle to her situation, looking up to the sky as she stared at the drifting clouds above. "Is this what you felt back then, Aang? A new place and all these new faces?" She whispered to herself.