Was it Worth it?

Notes: Alrighty people, got a new chapter up now! but before... let's clear a few things.

First, Shishido. Once again, canon has seemingly made my interpretation of him obsolete. He is certainly more crazed than I planned (And i thought that was just a mouth guard, not his actual teeth!) So certain things about him won't change in my story, just a heads up.

Second... there have been some crazy things happening in the manga lately, and I ask please don't be asking about that in here. first, it spoils all non manga readers, and I don't want confusion and other things happening for readers.

anywho, enjoy!

School that day seemed to be a blur for Katara, not interested in learning anything that day. Half the time she must've had her chin laying down on her arms, blankly staring at the front of the class as Aizawa went through whatever lecture was being given. It wasn't really a surprise for her, since her thoughts focused on the argument she had the night previous. After what she said, she was already assuming her time at his agency may be over now, but she would deal with that. After keeping silent on her feelings, it certainly felt better to just say what she felt.

Her eyes widened as the ending bell suddenly rang, sighing as the school day had come to an end. She grabbed her bag and followed the others out of class, rubbing her head as they all exited the class. Shoto beside her eyed her curiously as they walked down the main hall and out the doors. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

"Huh?" She mumbled, turning to look at him. "I'm good. I Just had a lot on my mind today."

Shoto gave a small frown, obviously this had something to do with his father. She frowned as well, not wanting to talk about it right now. "I'm alright, Shoto. I just don't wanna think about hero work right now."

It was as blunt answer as she could give without mentioning Endeavor, and that was all Shoto needed to hear. It was lucky enough the others around didn't hear them speaking, because all they were going on about was their internships and hero work. In fact, Bakugo wasn't even here today, having stayed out late with Mirko fighting villains and crashed at her place. Katara herself just wanted a day to take her mind off of everything else. As she looked at Shoto, she couldn't help but feel her cheeks warm as she remembered what came her way tomorrow.

"So, what's the plan for dinner?"

Shoto's own cheeks warmed slightly when she asked that, glancing over at her smiling his way. He thought back to the many ideas that Mineta was throwing his way last night, wanting to finalize them before he revealed them to her. He coughed and forced a smile himself. "It's a surprise. I hope you'll really like it."

"A surprise?" Katara giggled at his bashfulness, herself somewhat curious what he was trying to do for her. Even if it was just a picnic outside, she was excited to see what was going to happen. "Alright then. I guess I'll wait and see what you have planned for me, Shoto." As they arrived back to the dorms, she let out a small sigh and nudged him. "Hey... I know we are doing our date tomorrow... but do you mind if I just have tonight to myself? I just kind of feel tired and want to relax alone for a bit."

"Alone?" Shoto asked, "Are you alright?"

Sighing, Katara gave a small shrug. "It's just... I want tonight to just clear my head, please. I don't want to think about a lot of things right now. And I want tomorrow to be special for us with no distractions."

While he was disappointed, Shoto didn't want to bother her if she was too frustrated, wanting to hopefully leave his father out of their conversations for now. Also, figured this would be the perfect time to figure everything out right now, leaving him time to clear up what the plan was. "Alright then. But, if you need anything or want to talk, I'm here, alright?"