Internships Start

"What... What just happened?"

Katara sat open mouthed as Nezu and Endeavor walked away from the clamoring reporters begging for more questions. She was in complete confusion as to what transpired just now. She went from being interrogated for fighting Endeavor... to being told she was going to have to learn from him!?

She stood up and flipped around towards Aizawa. "Wait, what is going on? What did you just do!?" She yelled at him.

"Relax... you should actually be grateful for what just happened." Aizawa grunted. "What you should be asking is how should you thank Principle Nezu for getting this done."

"What? How does this help me?"

"Do you really need me to explain it?" Aizawa rubbed his head in annoyance. "You were just caught on film battling with a top ranked hero. Do you know how many problems come from that? Every reporter in the city would rip you apart trying to get anything out of you, and if we let them talk to you something would slip. It's better for them to think of another reason you were there that night."

"But this?" Katara frowned, "This is the plan you came up with?"

The door opened up once more as Nezu slowly walked inside. "It was actually my plan. Going over it this was the best option for both of you."

"Both?" She asked, but her answer came as Endeavor stomped into the room after the principle. His fake smile was replaced with his usual scowl. "What's he doing here?"

"Me? The only reason I am here is because of you, you little-

"Let us talk calmly now, shall we?" Nezu cut off Endeavor's words and smiled as the two glared at each other. "I contacted Endeavor while you were waiting outside and was able to make an agreement."

Katara looked down to the principle in confusion. "An agreement on what?"

"You see, with all of these questions on your situation now, the best way to get passed them was just a small twist to the story. By doing so, it gives the media and the people the truth that you weren't there to cause trouble on purpose. It was a misunderstanding."

Endeavor let out a growl in frustration. "This is ridiculous. I can't believe it's come to this."

Nezu smiled at the heroes temper tantrum."This works out for you as well, Endeavor. With everyone questioning her, there are also those wondering why a hero as powerful as you was battling a child on the street. By using this as a template, you can create a much calmer explanation than what they are trying to paint."

Nezu then turned his attention to the waterbender in the room. "And for you, by going to intern under the man you are being accused of fighting will allow people to relax and show their was a misunderstanding."

"Seriously? I was a huge fan of his?" Katara frowned, earning a scoff from the flame hero.

"Would you prefer we kept the story where you were scared and fought the number two hero?" Nezu chuckled internally as he walked passed her to his desk. "This is the perfect opportunity to change perspectives on both of you. By working together, it will show there is no more reason to worry about you, Katara. And Endeavor, this is the chance to show you are willing to help students in need."

The flame hero's eye twitched in frustration to this situation. He was in his office when one of his sidekicks alerted him of the news that came on this morning. If he hadn't installed those high pressured fire sprinklers in his office there may not have been a building left standing. Immediately his phones were flooded with calls questioning his involvement and why he allowed a "Villain" to escape custody. It was ridiculous. And when the principle called him and told him of this plan, it was completely out of the thing he would ever want to do.