Internal Spirits

Notes: Well... yeah. life has been busy. nothing else to say.

But to all you wonderful fans, here is a special chapter for you as the next one is already being made. Enjoy!

The dark sky sat above UA as the students slept in their dorms. Most of the students were fast asleep, with only the occasional student was up watching TV or chatting with one of their friends this late at night. Katara herself was one of those... but her sleep wasn't normal like everyone else. The waterbender rolled onto her back, grunting out as her closed eyes scrunched tighter.

Her breathing came in slightly harder, small beads of sweat forming on her brow. While it seemed she was simply having a nightmare, internally there was much more going on. Subconsciously, her hands moved up her sides until they were in front of her body, closing her fists and pressing them against each other. Soon, her breathing steadied as she seemed to calm down, the connection complete to the one trying to contact her.

_____________________________________________________________

Katara's eyes opened up, her mouth dropping in shock as she saw where she was. She found herself standing in the middle of a large forest, the trees stretching high above her towards the blue sky. She looked down to her feet, scraping her shoes against the dirt beneath herself. She knew she was asleep, being able to remember laying down, and that is what shocked her. Even with knowing that, this dream felt even more real than normal.

"Feels real, doesn't it?"

Katara's ears perked up to the voice behind her, recognizing it immediately. She turned around and was shocked to see the tall avatar standing there, with no glow enshrouding her body this time. "Kyoshi..." katara muttered out.

Nodding, kyoshi slowly walked towards her. "You've been quite busy lately, we haven't been able to talk much."

"Yeah... sorry." Katara sighed, making Kyoshi chuckle.

"No need to be. You have been doing alot recently, focusing on the life you have made here." Kyoshi stopped in front of the teen looking down at her. "I figured to not bother you for quite some time, to let you focus on yourself."

Katara looked around once more, taking in the scenery around her before looking back up to the avatar. "You... you did this?"

Giving a small shrug, Kyoshi turned and walked down the path nearby. "I figured we could finally have time to talk now in your sleep, giving you the freedom for the day to yourself."

Katara chuckled and followed alongside the taller warrior. "It's not like you would be a burden if you wanted to communicate with me more. It's actually nice knowing you are there, being someone to remind me of where I come from."

Walking through the forest, Kyoshi made sure to drag her large shoes across the ground, enjoying the feeling of the dirt beneath her feet. "I also had us meet inside your subconscious during your sleep to enjoy this. Inside your dreams, you can experience every sense and it feels real, so much you sometimes can't tell the difference."

Katara noticed the large woman taking in everything around her, realizing she was truly taking in the world around her. "Is this the first time you've been able to experience this?"

Kyoshi gave a slow nod. "My spiritual body resides inside your mind, meaning I am limited to staying within the boundaries of your own body. But when people dream, their minds are able to experience sensations as strong as the real world, and that gives me the chance to experience it as well. It took me a while, but it seems I've been able to strengthen the internal bond we share."