Katara and Izuku vs Mirko

Notes: This is it. chapter 100 of this story. to think it's actually reached this point is insane.

PS: to those who missed the small post from last week, RIP Akira Toriyama. you were my introduction into anime back in 1997 when dbz aired. thank you.

"And why the hell do you think I agree with this?" Mirko asked, tilting her head in amusement to the two teens standing beside the teachers. "You think I need some band aids to take these kids on?"

"I didn't say I agree to this," Aizawa muttered, "But this is what both of them requested to do."

"Huh... and what makes you two think you deserve me at my best?" Mirko snickered, just before she winced and twitched her ear to the internal ring she heard. When she noticed the look Katara gave her, she laughed and shook her head. "Don't think this will make it that much easier for you, kid."

"It may not, but we don't want excuses if you end up losing this time." Katara taunted, grinning at the twitch to Mirko's eye.

"But the point was to use what you learn to face your opponent and do the best you can." Midnight said.

"And does it mean we are doing our best if she isn't?" Katara retorted.

"Midoriya..." Toshinori asked, walking up to his successor. "Are you two sure about this?"

Izuku looked over at Katara, seeing the small smile on her face and returning one of his own. "Yes, All Might," he said looking up to his idol. "If we are to be pushing ourselves to the limit, that means our opponent should be at her best as well. Plus Ultra, right?"

"But..." Toshinori held his tongue as he looked into Izuku's eyes, seeing the determination in his eyes.

Tensei was certainly surprised by the request as well, not thinking Katara would want to let someone as dangerous as Mirko fight at full strength only seemed like insanity. Even if it were a test, he knew he wouldn't stand a chance against her if she were at full power. "You realize this means you'll be at more of a disadvantage, Katara..."

"If we are working to be the best we are, that means we should be facing our opponent at their best." Izuku said, looking at Katara once more. "We both think this is the best thing to do."

"Yeah..." Katara glanced over to Mirko and gave a small shrug, "unless she wants to fight thinking it will make her feel better as an excuse when she loses."

Before the others could say anything, the gust of wind from Mirko sprinting forward put all of them on alert, Aizawa's eyes widening as he reacted and grabbed his neck scarf and turned to the students. "Mirko, don't!"

Katara's eyes widened as the blur rushed her way, flipping her gauntlet open but couldn't get out any water before Izuku leaped in front of her, his own leg swinging forward and cracking against Mirko's. The loud impact rang out to the area, the students in the distance shocked at the commotion.

"Oh shit, this is happening here?!" Kaminari yelled out.

"Katara!" Tenya yelled out, stepping forward as the others watched in worry.

As the other teachers stood ready to jump forward, Izuku's body arched with green energy as he pushed against her leg, gritting his teeth at the power he felt. 'I activated ten percent... and it feels like she didn't even budge!' he yelled internally. Not only that, he could tell from her strike she wasn't even going all out. All she was doing was testing him.

A test that made her laugh.

"Alright kids. If that's the way you wanna play, then let's play." She snickered and pulled her leg back. "If you want a worse beatdown, I'll give you ten minutes."