The Growing Threat

Notes: Damn! My girl Burnin is getting animated! I will finally get to hear her voice in the show and the movie! i hope she's rough sounding like Mirko! And as for things like her quirk and how it works, at this point i already wrote her the way she is here and won't be changing her even if she does in canon so... Bleh.

Okay, once again ended up doing a lot more here than originally planned. As I was writing though, it just felt so good for some reason! so... Enjoy!

Walking into school, Katara yawned as she rubbed her head. For some reason she just couldn't find herself in a deep sleep last night, stirring several times in bed and groaning in annoyance. She didn't know why, but her dreams just seemed strange. She couldn't recall what they were about, but every time she woke she was in a light sweat feeling really warm. And all she could remember was there was someone else with her in her dream, a figure walking beside her as she recalled walking along the ocean.

"Just one of those nights..." She grunted and exhaled.

"You feeling okay, Katara?" Tenya asked, noticing her condition.

"Yeah, I'm good," She responded with a small shrug. "Just couldn't get really get a good sleep last night."

"Hmm..." Tenya crossed his arms as he thought about it. "Perhaps your stress from the final exams was keeping you up. Now that you know you've passed, you should feel better soon."

Sighing, she gave a small nod in agreement, hoping that is what was keeping her up. Making it to their class, Katara opened it up to find mostly everyone already inside. Most were relaxing in relief knowing they passed the finals, although a certain four classmates were slumped in depression. Both Mina and Kaminari were practically in tears as they whined to Sero, although he was just as distraught as them too.

"What are we supposed to do now? Everyone's going to have so much fun at summer camp." Mina sniffled.

"This is so lame... how was it fair we had to go against the principle!" Kaminari whined as latched onto Sero's shirt. "This is the worst!"

"Dude, I get it," Sero groaned. "Just because Mineta got through doesn't mean I passed."

Katara felt a pain in her stomach when she heard them complain, looking over to see Kirishima with his head down on his desk. "Hey, how you feeling?" She asked as she approached, earning a small grunt from her testing partner.

"Oh goodie... all good knowing I failed." He mumbled out and looked up at her, pouting. "I was picking concrete out of my ears all night."

Katara grimaced at the idea and seeing him so down. "Well, I got through the gate... so maybe that could help you?"

Sighing, Kirishima laid his forehead back down and tapped it on the desk in frustration. "If only my quirk was stronger, then I could have a good time at camp as well with all you guys..."

Feeling horrible about his situation, Katara patted his back and prepared to walk to her seat, only to next lock eyes with Tokoyami right there. At first she felt her heart skip after everything that had happened, hoping they could still be friends after yesterday. Her worry did fall when he gave his usual quick nod towards her, making her smile softly and silently walk by him. It was subtle enough to show he was okay, making her feel somewhat better. Her heart didn't slow however as she then reached her seat and sat down right next to Shoto. Glancing over at him, she felt her stomach tighten when he looked to her as well to give her a small nod, her mind going back to those strange thoughts before bed. Shaking her head, she gave another smile to him to calm herself.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" She asked him, earning another nod from him.

"I did. You seem tired, though. Are you okay?" He asked back.