A Frog and a Shadow

Standing outside of the new testing building, Katara and Kirishima held up the ear pieces they were given by All Might before they left the media room. She looked over at her partner as he slipped his into his own ear and clicked the button on the side, deciding to follow suit and do the same. Once in, she waited a moment before she did anything.

"So... how do these work?" She asked him while they both walked into the abandoned building.

"Oh these things? Just push on this when you wanna talk if we get separated. Here..." He clicked on the surface button before speaking. "Got it?"

Katara's eyes widened when she suddenly heard his voice not just from outside, but from inside her ear itself. "Now that is handy..." She chuckled to herself. "... we may need this against Tokoyami."

"Yeah, I saw his quirk during the testing yesterday. Seems pretty crazy." he rubbed his head as they continued up the stairs.

They eventually reached the room with the large bomb on the third floor. Katara sighed as she stared at the large yet fake device they were protecting. "Seems weird we are playing villains, protecting something bad like this."

"I mean it's just practice. We can always pretend its a helpless family stuck here." Kirishima grinned her direction, at least getting a chuckle from her.

"I guess you're right. Now... we need some kind of plan." She lowered herself to one knee as he squatted down as well. "first off, what is your quirk?"

"Mine? It's hardening..." Kirishima held up his arm in front of her, the skin across the top suddenly locking tight and appearing like stone. "... I can harden my body so I can take any hit."

"Huh, that's a pretty nice one..." She responded as she opened her canteen and bended a small amount of water to her hand. "... I can waterbend, so any water I can control."

"I saw that during the testing, pretty sweet." Kirishima smiled at the flowing water.

She sighed at his compliment. "Thanks, but I need a source of water. I can't just create it. So I'm limited to what I can do here, and Tokoyami's quirk is really strong."

"Yeah, he has that weird thing coming out of him. It's kinda creepy."

"He calls it Dark shadow. He told me about it during the entrance exam. And that thing has a mind of it's own."

"Wait what?" his eyes widened at that statement, "That is creepy."

"Well the problem is that means they have a third set of eyes too, so sneaking around them will be harder." Katara put the water back in her canteen and grunted. "I don't know much about Tsu though."

Kirishima grabbed his chin as he thought back. "Well she's a frog so I saw she jumps really far, and she's pretty quick too."

Rubbing her own chin, Katara wished she actually paid more attention to some of the others more during the test yesterday. "I guess so, but if we aren't careful we could-

"Ah don't worry about it..." Kirishima stood back up and braced his body, "... Why don't we just rush them and end this early?"

"Uh yeah, not a good idea..." She frowned, "...If we try rushing them we may end up like the last team, separated and overtaken."

"That's why we rush together. Come on! It's more manly than just waiting here!" he seemingly begged as he raised his fists up and down. "It will look so cool if we just dominate!"

Rolling her eyes, she stood back up. "Fine, we can try and catch them out of this room, but we will stay on this floor and near the bomb at least. We can't leave it defenseless."