Mei

[Day-6]

[September 5, 2017. 1:37 pm]
[Town Lumena]
[Granny Mei's shop]

"Granny, you always say that hotel uphill has some tragic history or something. But you never told me what actually happened" Dan, granny Mei's grandson, asked as he set the table for their afternoon tea. The old lady looking at the forest trees like she routinely did.

"You want to know what happened?" She asked and glanced at Dan before looking back to the forest depths. Dan hummed curiously.

"Almost a decade ago, a disaster happened. Or should I say the horrendous secrets those walls held were finally revealed" granny said with a sigh, Dan handing her a cup of earl grey.

"I was the flower dealer for the hotel back then. For decorations and everything. Working for them for many many years. I met every Person that stayed in that hotel for decades. All of them were nice to me.

People come and go, but there was one boy that stayed there longest during those days. He was the owner's son. Back then he was eleven. A chirpy adorable child he was. Always causing mischief. He'd always ask for some flowers from me. Especially Smeraldos. Always smiling and laughing" Mei said with a sweet smile as she was reminiscing the memories.

"You seemed to have liked that kid" Dan said smiling. Granny grinned and nodded. "he was a good kid. A very pure heart full of nothing but love. His dad however, wasn't so nice.

That horrid night the police raided the hotel. People were found dead. It was chaos. And the owner was responsible for it." Mei's eyes looked glassy from holding back tears. The shock and terror still visible in her eyes as she remembered seeing those body bags being moved away. She had seen one of their faces as well.

Dan gasped at the information. "What happened to the kid then?" He asked still shocked. Granny sighed with a heavy heart.

"They never found him. The owner committed suicide so no one knows what happened to the child. But I heard rumors that the father killed him too" Mei whispered with a somber expression.

"My god....he didn't deserve that. A child shouldn't deserve such fate" Dan whispered to himself absolutely devastated. But Mei heard him nonetheless. So she hummed.

"You're right. He was a good kid" she said whilst staring at the trees sadly.

"Jeonggukie was a good kid"-

⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛