Fate

[D Day]

[September 6, 2017. 1:30 pm]
[Town Lumena]
[Main street]

Taehyung ran and ran, people around him looking at him ignoring him. But the blond didn't care, he needed to find his friends.

But people weren't talking to him. He couldn't get a straight answer from anyone. They just walked by him and ignored him like he didn't exist.

He was starting to get frustrated till his eyes found granny Mei outside her flower shop with a bucket of flowers in hand.

She looked tired from the heat but he couldn't think of anything between his panic. He quickly walked to the lady. "Granny-" he was interrupted by Mei's enthusiastic greeting. "Hello, Taehyung!"

He forced a smile at her, "granny, have you seen Hoseok and Namjoon?" He asked almost hurriedly. "I think so. They left the dentist's office a few minutes ago" she replied. Taehyung felt his gut sink.

"T-they left?! Where did they go? Did they go back to the hotel?!' he asked in horror and panic, his limbs shaking vigorously. Granny smiled at him and shook her head.

Taehyung almost sighed in relief but her reply scared him more. "They went into the forest" she replied. Why would they go to the forest? His body froze for a second, panic rising slowly but steadily.

"The forest?" He asked again in confirmation. And when granny nodded, he decided not to dwell on it and started for the forest too. But got stopped when granny called his name.

"Yes?" He asked impatient. she smiled at him, her eyes showing what looked to be sympathy. But Taehyung didn't understand why. "What we do changes our fate. So every decision has its consequences. I hope you have a better future ahead Taehyung". "I'm not sure I understand what you mean," the blond said confused.

"People change all the time Taehyung. Life is never certain. That hotel...it...it changes people and then they never become who they used to be. Just remember who you are and were at all times. That way that place won't be able to harm you." granny Mei said and smiled at him.

He nodded unsurely until he faced the forest. His eyes went wide at what he saw.

Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Yoongi, and Jin were standing at the edge of the forest land just staring at him. His hands started to shake as fear crawled up at him. They waved at him with a smile. "No..." He whispered with a shaky voice. Disbelief was written all over his face.

They slowly turned around and walked into the dark forest, disappearing.

"Wait!" He screamed and ran after them but flinched back when a group of people came in front of him. He stumbled back. He saw a lady behind him but he didn't have enough grip. He closed his eyes waiting for the impact but it never came.

He opened his eyes and looked around bewildered when he saw the lady walk away like nothing happened. A kid came barreling towards him giggling. Taehyung stood frozen in horror when the child ran straight through him. As if he was air.

Tears prickled his eyes as realization dawned upon him. He was dead too. When did it happen? Did he die during one of his dreams? Did he have a cardiac arrest? Where was his body? Was it back in the hotel? Thoughts like these were plaguing his mind.

He turned to granny Mei. She smiled at him reassuringly, like it will all be okay.

He choked on a sob and turned to the forest again where his friends disappeared. And then he saw Jeongguk.

Sweet sweet Jeongguk who looked at him with the warmest smile. His hand extended to him so he would grab on.

That's when Taehyung knew, his fate had already been decided.

The raven turned to granny and gave her his bunny smile. The lady almost in tears. He waved at her. Then Taehyung slowly walked to him. The raven looked at him with sincere loving eyes, so the blond took his hand and intertwined their fingers. Hand in hand they then walked into the depths of the Larken forest.

Never to be seen again.

"Who are you talking to granny?" Dan asked as he got out of the shop. She smiled at him and handed over the basket.

"Oh nobody"-

⏳⌛⏳⌛⏳⌛