Chapter 1

Crack, crack, crack, crack, CRACK.
'Stop please I'm sorry!'
THUD

You wake up with start, panting and sweating. It looks like it's early morning. After the nightmares that seem to be every night, You realized there's no use in going back to sleep no matter when You wake up. Restless nights have become a common occurrence for you, especially after being recruited by the Avengers. Not many of the missions have been too bad, it's just a part of you you're keeping locked away that gnaws at you.

Looking at the clock it's about 5AM. "Guess I can start making breakfast for everyone," you say to yourself as you throw on pajama shorts and an old t-shirt.

On your way down the hall to the elevator You hear in your head the sound of bones crushing from the nightmare. Why must your mind torment you like this?  You shake your head and hum a tune and start to literally pull the thought from you mind with your magic. When you open your eyes you see a black orb levitating above your hand. You grasp the energy ball and the thought is gone from existence and you can finally loosen your muscles and try to relax.

You come to the shared floor of the facility and make your way into the kitchen to already see Stark pouring himself some coffee. "Morning squirt. What are you doing up so early?," Tony asks, looking at you over his shoulder. "I could ask you the same thing, metal man," You laugh. "You already know I haven't been to bed yet, so technically I'm not 'up early'. I'm up late," he air quotes 'up early' then points at you. "Whatever you say, Stark. I just woke up for no reason and I saw it was light outside and decided to make breakfast for everyone," you start taking out pans and bowls and cooking utensils. "Any special requests from our gracious leader?" You give him a smile. "I am thinking sausage, bacon, and French toast. The whole nine. Maybe some morning mimosas?" He asks. "I am not going to do French toast..too messy BUT," you turn to him, "I can do pancakes with and without chocolate chips?" He flashes you a smile, "Even better kiddo." He starts making is way down to his lab to work on god knows what. 

While You get started on the pancake batter you can't help but feel your mind drifting to the nightmare again. You hate how you can't ever get it completely out your mind. It's MY mind I should be able to control what I think about but I can't. During your struggle to NOT focus on the thought of seeing the man from your dreams body contort, you don't even notice Thor walk into the kitchen.

"Lady Y/N," he starts. How is this man so chipper every morning? "How do you do this morning?" Fucking terrible. "I'm great Thor! Just got up at the ass crack of dawn just dying to cook breakfast," you say with a hint of playful sarcasm. He laughs, "Well it smells fantastic Lady." He walks up to the fridge to grab orange juice but not before giving your shoulder a welcoming pat and a flashing you a kind smile.

No matter how awful you felt Thor was always a good distraction for you. He never ran out of mundane topics to talk to you about and never pressed you to reveal more than You wanted to when it came to your emotions. He was probably one of your closest friends in the tower. You remember him speaking about a brother but for some reason you've never met. What was his name Lionel, Larry, Lo- LOKI. That was it! Loki Laufeyson. Thor's adopted brother. You hear he's not one to socialize so you doubt you'll ever meet your friends brother.

Around 6:30 AM the rest of the Avengers start to make their way into the kitchen and dining area. Bacon pancakes, making bacon pancakes. Take some bacon and you put it in a pancake. You hear a low chuckle somewhere behind you, giving you a scare. "Dammit Buck!," you spin around armed with your spatula. "You were making bacon pancakes?," he asks giving you a friendly grin. "What how do you-," "Well it's pretty obvious since you were singing the song." You feel the blush creeping up your neck but push it back down. You must have been singing the song instead of thinking it. "Ehem, yes if you must know Sargent I am making bacon pancakes and you ruined the surprise for yourself," you turn around and plate the remaining pancakes. Regular, chocolate chip, and bacon pancakes.

You announce to everyone what you cooked for breakfast and tell them to help themselves. You clean a few of the dishes and start to make your way upstairs to your living quarters. Sam comes walking out the elevator looking like he hasn't slept in a 100 years "Sam Wilson, man oh man you're looking good," you playfully say smacking his ass as he walks by. "You know Y/L/N I'm gonna let that slide only because I choose to take that sarcasm as a compliment this morning," he playfully states pointing at you. "I appreciate it. I made breakfast for everyone. There may be some left but between Cap, Bucky, and Thor I wouldn't bet on it." His eyes widen and he takes off in a fast walk to the kitchen to claim a plate.
                                               ~
It's about 9 AM when you decide to head to the shower. Still can't get the stupid nightmare out your head so it's going to be one of those days. Brave face today y/n. You cast a sound shield around you bathroom so no one can hear you but you can hear them, then step into the hot shower. Having a good cry is therapeutic...right? Doesn't matter what the answer is you let the tears fall anyway. It feels so good to be able to embrace the sadness and not be strong for everyone else. No one asked you to be strong but who wants to be around a Debbie downer?

You just wish you could open up to someone, show who you really are. You wish you could feel confident enough in your abilities to fully use them. But you can't. It's too dangerous. You're dangerous. And you don't want to hurt your friends. Not again.