Chapter 20

You have no idea where Loki is leading you but you follow him anyways. You kind of wish you didn't dampen the mood in the library. You knew Loki enjoyed reading and has a thirst for knowledge. You look up from the ground as you're walking and find that he's leading you through and open corridor. You see many trees and flowers you would never see on earth.

He gets to the end of the outdoor hallway and brings you to the middle of a garden, where a bench big enough for two stands. He motions for you to sit, then sits himself next to you, Your hand clasped in his. "This place is beautiful Loki," you say in awe of all the unique flowers. There's flowers of every color in the garden making it look like it was painted with rainbows. The shrubbery is the greenest green you've seen in your life. Saying it looks like heaven would be an understatement.

As you both are admiring the garden a butterfly lands on you and Loki's hand, making you smile. "That's a big butterfly," you laugh as it flys away. "They are quite large here aren't they," he chuckles. "Whenever I was feeling down or wanted to be alone this garden was always here for me. I would sit on this bench for hours just soaking up the beauty of nature. It relaxed me and I only wish for it to do the same for you," he says softly. "It's working. Today has been one of the happier days since, you know," you say looking down not wanting to think about the accident. He nods giving you a sad smile, "I'm sorry."
You give him a confused look, "Sorry for what?" "Not remembering. I'm trying," he says without missing a beat. "Loki I know I've been cruel lately but I want you to know that i have no expectations when it comes to your memory. I don't want you to feel guilty over something you couldn't have prevented. And I apologize if I made you feel guilty ever," you say to him holding his hand tighter. He nods his head then looks around at the garden around him. After about 30 minutes of talking in the garden you ask Loki, "so what else is there to do around here? Now that I've officially ended my research?" "We could always go into town or train with the warriors if you prefer something more physical. We could go say hi to my mother and see if she may need help with anything. Or we could relax in our chambers," he rattles off things to do. "Let's go see your mom," you both stand up.

You walk for what feels like forever and end up on the other side of the palace. You walk into a room with windows that don't have glass. I guess they're archways that lead into a balcony, now that you look closer. You see Frigga sitting on a bench enjoying tea and the view. "Good afternoon, Mother," Loki walks up and greets her with a hug and kiss to her cheek. He grabs her hand to help her stand from her seat, like she even needed it, but he was being polite. "Hello my son," she smiles. "And nice to see you Y/N you look radiant," you smile at her compliment and give her a curtsy. "Oh my sweet thing there no need for all of that nonsense," she starts, "we are in private and you are a guest in my sitting area. Please be casual." "Yes, ma'am," you respond and give her a smile. She walks over and wraps you in a hug. "Have you gone to the library yet, Y/N" Frigga asks. "I have and I had learned interesting and frightening things," you say shyly. "And what is that my dear," Frigga asks concerned.
"Well I just read about the tales of my people luring men to the their death but I also saw a picture of my mother. She was Rán, The Goddess of the Sea," you explain. "You didn't know that already," Frigga asks kind of shocked. "No I didn't. I knew her as Alice Y/L/N. I was always told she was a siren," you tell Frigga. Frigga nods as you speak and explain to her that your mother died when you were young and your father followed a few years later.
"Do you know what all of this means, my dearest," Frigga asks giving you a smile. You shake your head and furrow your brows. "You're a goddess...tell me what powers are your strongest," she asks skeptically.
"I have strong mind control capability and telepathy. A-and a goddess," you ask. "Yes your mother was a Goddess and you have her blood therefore you hold the rank by birth. I'm assuming you don't know what your the goddess of," she asks.
"No I don't. I didn't even know I was a goddess. I thought I was a demigod," you turn to Loki and he shrugs. "Mother knows best I'm not one to question her," he states. "You are the Goddess of the Mind," Frigga joyfully states. "It makes sense your strongest powers are those that affect the mind. Tell me, do you get a rush go through you whenever you take control of ones thoughts and actions," she asks mischievously. You're taken aback by her question and the accuracy of what she's assuming of you. "I feel like a different person. It makes me feel 'all powerful' and unstoppable. It gives me a high when I have someone as my mercy and have their mind in my hands," you say softly, "but it's also terrifying and that's why I don't like to mess with it." You sip your tea and turn to Loki. "You taught me how to use it and gain control of it...in case you didn't remember," you smile.
He gives your hand a squeeze and smiles at you. "I don't mean this in a rude way but how long did you plan on me staying in Asgard?," you ask them both. "Well Loki hasn't started on healing his mind," Frigga scolds him and he bites both his lips into his mouth and avoid her eye contact, "but we were hoping your stay would be a longer one rather than shorter. I would appreciate any help I can get when it comes to healing Loki. Besides Loki and myself you are the only one in Asgard with abilities like ours. Except yours are stronger," she smiles. "I just didn't want to impose in your home or kingdom," you smile at her. "You are family to me my darling, he may not remember right now but anyone who brought my Loki that much happiness is welcome anytime," she gives you a huge as she stands. "If you excuse me though, I have some errands to run and duties to take care of. Feel free to stay and relax," she booms as she walks out the room.

"That was a fucking lot," you let out a sigh and slump back in your chair. "I suppose it can be a shock. But nothings changed. You're still you," he smiles. You let out a yawn, "I really shouldn't be tired." "But you are. You can take a nap. I'll walk you to your room," he stands up and offers his hand instead of his arm. You happily take it and make your way to the other side of the palace. You feel like all you can focus on is walking so you lay your head against his shoulder and hug his arm as you two walk.

In no time you make it back to your room and Loki opens the door for you and walks you to your bed. "Thank you Loki for spending time with me," you smile and yawn at him while you crawl into bed. You had changed clothes with your magic as you entered your rooms so you're already cozy. "You're very welcome, you goddess," he playfully mocks but he doesn't know how that name makes your stomach jump. You're suddenly not tired anymore. As he walks out the room you stop him by closing the door with a flick of your wrist. He looks at you confused. "I-I don't want to be alone. Could you read to me," you shyly ask, a little taken aback by your boldness to trap him in the room with you. "Do I have a choice," he laughs and manifests a book. You blush hard, "of course you do you're just a fast walker and I didn't know if you'd hear me when you exited the room," a lie. You were desperate for his presence and attention and time. You're sure the last thing he wanted to do was read to you so you could fall asleep like a child. Your get guilty as he took the spot in the far side of the bed and kicked his feet up, crossing his ankles. He leans back getting himself in a comfortable position and starts to read out loud.

'It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea,
That a maiden there lived whom you may know
By the name of Annabel lee;
And this maiden she lived with no other thought,
Than to love and to be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,
In this kingdom by the sea,
But we loved with a love that was more than love-
I and my Annabel Lee-
With a love that the winged seraphs of Heaven
Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,
In this kingdom by the sea,
A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling
My beautiful Annabel Lee;
So that her highborn kinsmen came
And bore her away from me,
To shut her up in a sepulcher
In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in Heaven,
Went envying her and me-
Yes!- that was the reason (as all me know,
In this kingdom by the sea)
That the wind came out of a cloud by night
Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love
Of those older than we-
Of many far wiser than we-
And neither the angels in Heaven above
Nor the demons down under the sea
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

For the moon never beams, without bringing me
Dreams
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And the stars never rise, but I feel the bright eyes
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;
And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side
Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,
In her sepulcher there by the sea -
In her tomb by the sounding sea. '

As he read along you had cozied up into your blankets. You listened to his soft, yet deep, voice. He brought the poem to life as he read, his low voice displaying every loving emotion of a man mourning his lover. Like his voice was a spell you slipped off to sleep with him sitting next to you.