Chapter 15

It's been a few days since you've come out of your room. The numbness of your soul prevents you from wanting to do anything for yourself. You haven't showered or really eaten anything since you showed Loki your memories. You didn't care to please anyone, you didn't want to be anyone's rock anymore. You had no desire to go out of your way and make someone happy when you were so broken.

You feel the hunger pains in your stomach grow to be unbearable. It takes all your energy to dig through your nightstand drawer looking for a snack. You come up empty and decide to reluctantly make a trip to the kitchen. It's about 2AM so you don't expect anyone to be up. You walk out in your sweat pants and t shirt that you put on a few days ago. Your fuzzy slippers are protecting your feet from the cold on of the marble-like floor, as you shuffle slowly to the kitchen. You turn the lights on low and you start rummaging through the cabinets and fridge to find anything appetizing. Maybe eating will make you feel better? You find a few cold chocolate bars and grab them, not giving a single fuck who they belong to.

You glance over at the wine fridge and make your way over. Food and wine sounds like a good remedy for this depression. When you open the door to the cooler you hear two voice around the corner. You don't really care who it is at first but then you hear a woman's voice mumble something and say Loki's name. You know this is going to hurt but you peek your head around the corner and see a woman sitting on his lap sideways running her hands through his hair and whispering things to him. Loki doesn't belong to you anymore. Apparently he's hers, whoever she is. You grip loosens on the candy you were holding and they hit the ground making a noise louder than you would think. Loki and the woman turn their heads to see you. "Oh I'm sorry we didn't know anyone was in here," she says with a smile. She has the same accent as Loki so you can only assume she was from Asgard as well. Loki doesn't look as calm as her, he looks concerned and uncomfortable. "I- I was in the kitchen," you say softly. "I'm just gonna-," you point towards the balcony and quicken your pace as your tears fall. You feel Loki staring at you as you rush to the ledge. This should be high enough you think to yourself. You pull a chair over to give yourself and boost to get over the rail. You look back at Loki who has now gotten up and walking quickly towards you, almost a run. You give him a sad smile and throw yourself off the balcony.

You thought you'd feel fear, but you don't. You feel peace knowing your pain will end soon. You see him looking leaning over the rail in his attempt trying to catch you. You close your eyes and think of him in your final moments. When you expect to make impact you feel something jerk your body up and you feel something wrap around you. You open your eyes and see one of Tony's suits mold itself around you and propel you back up from where you came from. You flail around trying to shake it off but it's no use.

You're flown back up to the floor you jumped from see see Tony, Cap, Bucky, Loki and the woman standing before you. "What the hell are you doing!," Tony yells walking quickly towards you. You don't say anything and just look at him with a sad look. "Why would you do that Y/N," Bucky actually shouts at you. You look down in shame and your body crumple as it lets out an ugly hoarse cry. You start to shake like a leaf and you feel someone pick you up and carry you to an unknown location. You don't care where you're taken anymore. "Take us to the basement," you hear Cap say to FRIDAY. "Yes, Mister Rogers."

You are still sobbing when Steven places you in a chair in a room you aren't familiar with. "It's a holding cell for long term visitors," he explains. "You cant get out of here. You need help." You bring your eyes up and look around the room. It is a large simple room with a single bed and chair. You go to look at Steve but catch him right as he walks out the mechanical metal door.

Once again you're alone. You don't want to feel, there's no way out this time. You keep yourself crumpled on the floor and your body whimpers without your consent. You lay and think and try to find a way to end yourself. The peace you felt while falling backward was the happiest you have been since the accident. Loki obviously didn't want you and he was everything to you. All you do in this state is remind him that he doesn't remember and possibly make him feel guilty. You just need to forget him.