Chaper 6

You wake up the next morning in a daze. You hardly remember what happened last night. You remember waking up frightened but Loki was there to calm you. You remember the warm, soft embrace but you no longer feel Loki behind you anymore. You glance at the clock and it reads 4:30 AM. You feel too drained to attempt getting out of bed so you flop over and hear a smack as you flip around.

"Ouch." You hear a deep monotone voice say. You snap and flick on the lights and see a very sleepy Loki next to you in your bed.

"Oh jeez I'm so sorry...I didn't know you were here," you start, "not that I'm mad but why are you here?" You question him.

He props himself up and looks at you, "you don't remember Y/N? You had a nightmare and screamed for me. You begged me to remove it. It upset you so much you couldn't control your powers. It was like a type of sleep paralysis," he explains. Your eyes shoot open wide as you remember the event of the night. Begging Loki to end it, the fear of losing your control.
Your eyes start to water and you look at him, "I remember now. That's the nightmare I have all the time. Usually it's not that bad."
"Well memories tend to manifest into some pretty real flashback/nightmare scenarios," he begins. "They're some of the worst."

You nod your head and sniffle. He notices you crying and pulls you up to look at him, "I saw what you did. It was tough to see you in that pain. But I assure you I do not judge. I have seen and done worse and am in no place judge you by that. Especially when you couldn't control what you were doing."

"Loki you're the only one who knows please don't tell others," you ask quietly. "It's not my secret to tell, love," he kisses your head and lay you both down. He brings you close to him and allows you to hold him and him hold you.

You put the walls up in your mind so Loki can't hear you. You've never seen him like this. He's never been one for contact or one to seem to enjoy another's company. Your forehead tingles where he kissed you. 

You turn out the lamp and feel the rhythm of his steady heartbeat on you hand. You focus on him and his calming smell and drift back off into a dreamless sleep.

                                                ~

Later on in the morning while everyone is eating breakfast, minus Loki, Tony walks in to make an announcement. "Hear ye hear ye," he begins and you roll your eyes and look to Thor who smiles at you with a mouthful of pancakes, " I declare a party. I invite thee all to attended. 'Tis mandatory, as it shall celebrate the rebirth of our Lady Y/N and celebrate her graduation of mastering her powers."
Thor leans and asks you quietly, " Why is the man of iron talking like that?" "Shit, hell if I know," you reply then it hits you what Tony had said.

"Woah woah wait. A party to celebrate me and my powers? Why," you question. "Why not? Loki has told me you're doing great Song Bird. Why not celebrate it. He said you've nearly mastered all your skills," he says matter of factly.

"So what kind of party are you thinking? Boat and Hoes kind of deal on a fancy Stark yacht or an house party with just us," you smile and ask Tony. "I was thinking since we have enough room here we can dress up one of the Floors and party there. Of course we'll have booze and plenty of food. I'm thinking dress formal," he says, " we all look sexy dressed up and we haven't had a good excuse to do it lately so why not now?" You shake you head and laugh, "Sounds like a good time. I'm in. I need to go shopping thought. Wanda? Nat?"  They both look at you and smile and agree to go shopping with you after breakfast.

As you're heading out you call back, "don't forget to tell Loki! He was my teacher after all!"

Hours of shopping have worn you out. Nat and Wanda have a whole closet full of dresses after going to years worth of Stark parties, so they didn't need to buy more dresses. Instead you three have been hopping around stores and boutiques trying to find you the perfect dress. You are the guest of honor after all. You know you want something long, and sexy. You never go for sexy, but tonight is all about you. You find a pretty decent dress on the back of the clothes rack and tell the girls you'll try it on.

You walk out in this little number and you have to admit you feel quiet beautiful

You walk out in this little number and you have to admit you feel quiet beautiful. It hugs your body in all the right places. "So what do you girls think," you ask Nat and Wanda. They sit there and seem to ponder the question and you start to feel nervous.

"I think I'd fuck you," Nat blurts out. You throw ur head back laughing, "Girl don't even." You wave off her comment and decide to get the dress. Came up with a hefty price tag but if there's one thing Tony likes to do is spend money.

You three head back to the tower dress in hand, excited to put it on tonight and walk down the stairs like a princess.
On your way back to your room you bump into Loki which isn't unusual considering his room is across from yours.

"Hey, Teach! Did you hear about the party?," you question he give you a kind smile and nods, "Yes my student I did and I will be attending tonight. Why do you ask?" "Just wanted to make sure you aren't being left out. Tony declared the party to be in my honor but it should be yours as well. I couldn't be as successful as I am without your help," you say placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Very kind of you, Y/N," he takes your hand and places and gentle kiss on your knuckles, "see you tonight."

He walks away with his hands behind his back. You watch for a second taken aback by his formal gesture making an appearance again. You feel his kiss on your hand still and blush. Why is he acting like that? You turn and open your door and lay the dress on your bed. You have about 2 hours before everyone arrives for the party. Instead of using magic to get yourself ready you decide to do it the good old fashioned way. By hand.

After your quick shower you try to comb out your wet hair. You decide that part is too painful and difficult so you opt to use magic to detangle and dry your hair. Looking at your dress and it's cut you decide to give your hair loose curls and wear it down. You heat up the curling wand and get to work.

When it comes time for make up you think about what color would go with the dress. Black is too dramatic. And you were tired of doing brown Smokey eyes. You decide to go with a green eyeshadow that matches the dress. Once you finish the eyes and the face make up you put on a nude lip color and top it with gloss. You won't be outside so it's not like your hair will get stuck to your lips.

You adorn yourself the same gold bracelet and necklace you wore the night you had to sing at High Rise for shoes you chose a gold heel with gold strings that wrap around you calves. Reminded you of an elegant gladiator. You give yourself a once over in the mirror seeing it's almost time for the party.

Beautiful.